Lap Timers

apollyon25

Re: Lap Timers

Post by apollyon25 » Sat Aug 23, 2008 12:28 am

[quote="Alec"]
[quote="apollyon25"]
Right - so its for insurance and safety... cheers

~~~~~~

Hell, if I was convered by insurance on a track here - I'd gladly forego all telemetry - in favour of clocking up some miles on track!
It puts a different slant on the day at the track when, if you break it, you are walking home and heavily out of pocket!

8)
[/quote]

As far as I know, the TDO only has a public liability insurance which doesn't cover you or your car and you sign a waiver before you're allowed to participate indemnifying them.

If you want to insure for the damage to your car you have to arrange that yourself as it isn't usually included in your normal car insurance.
[/quote]

Yes, but the difference there vs here, Alec, is that you can get insurance for the car on the track on the day... no insurance company will touch a car on a track here period.

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Thu Nov 25, 2010 9:48 pm

found this while bookface surfing....unsure if ive seen it here before but may be of interest to some of you techheads. looks a nice piece of kit.
http://www.vi-performance.com/

MonsieurX

Post by MonsieurX » Fri Nov 26, 2010 9:20 am

looks limited. No mention of how many accelerometers, no gps... But it has the obd2 connection - which my atom doesn't :)

Seems expensive for the limited use IMOHO...