Ariel Atom T-Shirts For Le Mans 2007

Lars

Ariel Atom T-Shirts For Le Mans 2007

Post by Lars » Thu Jul 13, 2006 9:02 am

It seems like the Ariel Camp at Le Mans 2007 Bleu Sud will be take place...  ;D

Shouldn't we have our own Ariel LM2K7 T-Shirts?
Are there existing T-Shirts to reproduce or should we make some?

What do you guys say?

The Piston Heads are pretty good at their marketing, but then again they have big clumpsy plated cars:
Attachments
Picture 024sml.jpg
Picture 024sml.jpg (47.03 KiB) Viewed 1003 times

Vendian

Re: Ariel Atom T-Shirts For Le Mans 2007

Post by Vendian » Thu Jul 13, 2006 6:47 pm

I could draw up an awesome T-shirt if you guys want... I'm really good at that kind of stuff.

Matt F

Post by Matt F » Thu Jul 13, 2006 7:57 pm

Please do!

Vendian

Post by Vendian » Fri Jul 14, 2006 7:48 am

What should it say on it? Or any ideas for a good picture to be vectoritized? Submit some cool Atom pics if you got um and I'll scrounge through the gallery as well. I'll use one of them with permission.

Lars

Post by Lars » Fri Jul 14, 2006 4:46 pm

Well,
I had someting in mind that signals that:
  • There is an Ariel Atom Community
  • Ariel Atoms are cool
  • Ariel Atoms are fast
I saw a Lambo with Ferrari horses that were crossed out at LM2006, and I was thinking if we should expand that by crossing out the other brands that we Ariel's can outperform:
Ferraris
Super 7's
Lambo's
etc..

And there is of course also an Atom Club logo...

Do we have like Art directors or graphical people with Ariel's that we can get some help from?
Attachments
smflogo.gif
smflogo.gif (3.04 KiB) Viewed 949 times

Vendian

Post by Vendian » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:52 pm

Does anybody have a high-resolution pic of the Atomclub logo?

AtomFun

Post by AtomFun » Fri Jul 14, 2006 5:56 pm

I doubt you need anywhere near hires images to produce T shirts.

I guess the other thing you need to check is, are any of the logo' copyrighted? Perhaps Bruce is best placed to answer this and I understand this is the reason for delays in producing Atom merchandise.

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Fri Jul 14, 2006 6:07 pm

Too right!

Yes. the Ariel Logo and the AAOC logo are both protected. Usage of the Ariel logo requires the permission of Mr Saunders and usage of the AAOC logo requires permission from the club.

Happy to license the club logo, though... I have a nice, expensively drawn up and easy to understand licensing contract (which I had done for my licensing agreement with the factory) and would be happy to adapt it to another licenseee for usage of the AAOC logo.

PM me if you're interested in producing merchandise...
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Vendian

Post by Vendian » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:02 pm

What do you guys think? What can be improved upon? What steps need to be taken to get this done... you can barely make out the Ariel Logo on the chair, but the Atomclub.com logo is clearly visible.

What would you like to see changed, etc....

Obviously, the final product will not have design idea plastered across it, but since the photo toys with copywrite, I didn't want to get in any trouble... Haha.

PS -- I know this is somebody's car on the forum... and I know you gave me permission to use this for the color corrected atoms in the America Forums, but just to be safe -- is it okay to use it for the T-shirt... this is an exceptional photo to work from.  ;D

Vendian.

Vendian

Post by Vendian » Fri Jul 14, 2006 10:12 pm

And I know somebody requested this, but you could add a logo crossout in the upper corner if you wanted to...Haha.

Matt F

Post by Matt F » Fri Jul 14, 2006 11:32 pm

[quote="Vendian"]What do you guys think?

PS -- I know this is somebody's car on the forum... and I know you gave me permission to use this for the color corrected atoms in the America Forums, but just to be safe -- is it okay to use it for the T-shirt... this is an exceptional photo to work from.  ;D
[/quote]

It's my Atom, and it's OK for you to use as long as you send me two shirts!

Vendian

Post by Vendian » Sat Jul 15, 2006 8:46 pm

[quote="Matt F"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's a deal!

Lars

Post by Lars » Sat Jul 15, 2006 9:34 pm

Vendian I really like what you made with the Atom itself & the Le Mans 2007... I think the car looks great there!

To build further on this how would it look if we:
  • Removed the roll-over bar (as I think it will make the Ariel more recognizable, especially if we reduce the no of colours
  • Gave the "atomclub.com" logo a bit more space (To promote the club)
Would it be an idea to make the T'shirts with a front & back?

Then the front could read:
What accelerates faster than a Ferrari Enzo?
- See the back for a hint

Matt F

Post by Matt F » Sun Jul 16, 2006 12:40 am

[quote="Vendian"]
[quote="Matt F"]

[/quote]

[/quote]

That's a deal!
[/quote]

I'll pay for them.  I might even want more than two.

I say keep it simple and cool.  I hate to disagree with Lars, but I would like it simply as you posted.  I wouldn't want a comparison statement, against any car.  (After all, there really isn't any comparison, is there?)  You could keep or crop the roll bar; it doesn't matter to me.  (I'll be running my car both ways.)

How many colors is that?  I think it would look neat with the triangulated Atom Club log in a shade of grey.

Good stuff!

Vendian

Post by Vendian » Sun Jul 16, 2006 2:46 am

I'm not sure exactly how many colors it is to tell you the truth. It's a mixture of multiple live trace layers in Illustartor CS2. It was originally just black N white, but there wasn't enough detail in the car so I added a 15% opacity color one on top. I think it looks pretty cool. The lines give it life on the edges as well... as if It's alive just sitting there.

But lemme check out some T-shirt Ideas. Okay here it is, but I would still have to talk to Bruce about using the AtomClub logo. Basically on the front you have a Atomclub.com logo on the pocket area of the shirt, and on the back you have a full size pic of the atom with the logo again. Check it out:

Front Pocket:

Back of Shirt:

Total Design:

The T-shirt itself costs $14.99 to make from cafepress.com, but I'll be selling them for $19.99 + S/H. Minus any possible fees from cafepress.com for selling it, and any possible usage fees from Bruce for using the AtomClub logo, I'll basically be giving away the T-shirts with no profit on my part. But that's fine. You would probably have to pay shipping as well. CafePress.com only ships to the US, so we could technically ship all the T-shirts to me who wants one in the UK, and then I'll ship them out for you guys. What do you all think?