Sat Nav

Rocket Man

Re: Sat Nav

Post by Rocket Man » Mon Apr 25, 2016 7:25 pm

My 2015 car I bought a few weeks ago already had the older model rider fitted but I already had a 400. I took the old one out and fitted the 400 to the existing mount. Just rewired the old one to use with a ram mount in the car. It's too good not to have a use for.
The 400 also came with a car mount so quite useful

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:49 pm

[quote="autobackup"]
You can answer your phone using helmet speaker/mic or headset (Bluetooth) - you can also dial out (by voice if you wish)

To make it work you first pair your smartphone to the TomTom and then you pair your Bluetooth helmet speakers/Mic or Bluetooth headphones to the TomTom

Basically the TomTom becomes the controller of your smartphone and sits between your smartphone and your helmet speakers/mic/headphones

You don't have to pair a smartphone if you only want to hear the Satnav route guidance!
[/quote]

However, if you use the data linkup from your smartphone, you also get to use TomTom Services which includes traffic information, which helps it plan better routes. And you can link up with other users and use MyDrive
Last edited by Bruce Fielding on Mon Apr 25, 2016 11:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Stevef

Post by Stevef » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:00 am

Thanks again, can I ask where you chaps have or if you have wired the supply. Or do you just use the Atom extension and plug in cigarette lighter sort of attachment.

Cheers

Steve

smokin

Post by smokin » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:22 am

[quote="Stevef"]
.... First problem is the bracket isn't big enough for chassis attachment under dash. ....
[/quote]
I replaced the nut of the bolt that secures the centre of the dash panel to the frame with this RAM part. http://www.ram-mount.co.uk/1-ball-with-m6-threaded-hole-p-1688-c-281.html

[quote="Stevef"]
Thanks again, can I ask where you chaps have or if you have wired the supply. Or do you just use the Atom extension and plug in cigarette lighter sort of attachment.
[/quote]
I wired in a cig socket as I didn't have any unused 12v connections under the dash. Use it for my TPMS unless satnav needs charging
Attachments
RAM-B-273-M6U.jpg
RAM-B-273-M6U.jpg (9.95 KiB) Viewed 1038 times
Atom 2 300, Ginetta G40 GT5 - UK

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Tue Apr 26, 2016 6:53 am

My TomTom mount is permanently wired in to my Atom (the TomTom SatNav itself is easily removable by pressing the release button) and I have also had a 12v socket fitted which is immediately to the TomTom's right (as viewed by the driver) which allows me (or a passenger?) to recharge a mobile phone or for me to use a small 12v air compressor to inflate/deflate the tyres as necessary!

- In case of a puncture I carry both a can of 'TyreWeld' and a Gear Gremlin tyre repair kit in the cuddy under the bonnet - if humanly possible I will use the Gear Gremlin kit as using it should enable the tyre to be professionally repaired later by a tyre fitter - whereas using the TyreWeld, while it should get you to a tyre repair centre, effectively (as I am given to understand) writes off the tyre!

In the case of the Gear Gremlin repair kit the small CO2 cylinders contained in the kit (as it is really designed for a motorcycle tyre) will probably be insufficientl in capacity to fully inflate a car tyre after completing a road side repair - hence the 12v air compressor!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:49 am

If it helps, here's the factory mount solution for the original TomTom Rider ..
Attachments
Tom Tom Rider Mount 004 (Medium).jpg
Tom Tom Rider Mount 003 (Medium).jpg
Tom Tom Rider Mount 002 (Medium).jpg
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:50 am

and ..
Attachments
js.jpg
Tom Tom Rider Mount 006 (Medium).jpg
Tom Tom Rider Mount 005 (Medium).jpg
Last edited by John Scherrer on Tue Apr 26, 2016 8:59 am, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold