What do you guys wear on trackdays???

theslayyer

What do you guys wear on trackdays???

Post by theslayyer » Fri Feb 20, 2015 7:50 am

I'm sure this has been discussed before (apologies if I missed it), but just wondering what you all wear to lovely (normally wet) track days here in the UK?

The new Atom due shortly has such tiny narrow seats (the new type) and the bulky motorcycle textile gear I have is a bit uncomfortable in cramped conditions.

I've been toying with a proper one piece suit but I think I'll look stupid (all-the-gear, no-idea if you see what I mean!) and not sure how warm they are - I'm sure they aren't waterproof either.

:-(

P.

Alex Brandon-Smith

Re: What do you guys wear on trackdays???

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Fri Feb 20, 2015 8:17 am

Paul, to be honest mate, I wear racing boots with a waterproof coating, normal overtrousers if it's raining with combats on underneath, and I swear by a proper ski jacket from Mountain Warehouse or similar. Warm and totally dry. The Atom jacket isn't man enough for the job in a truly wet trackway as I discovered fairly quickly.

Else I'll wear a light jacket and combats if it's favourable.
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Re: What do you guys wear on trackdays???

Post by Steve Gibson » Fri Feb 20, 2015 12:23 pm

Regular trousers, base layer and warm jersey, summer textile motorcycle jacket, thin soled soft shoes. Then if it rains the waterproof outer jacket and over-trousers go on. Neck tube and gloves, if it's really cold. They're all kept in a waterproof bag in the car at all times.

Waterproof socks sometimes, too. Wet, squishy feet in an Atom is a horrible experience. Far worse than wet hands.

I think flexibility is key in an Atom - you can get hot, cold or wet very quickly, so you need to pull over and adapt.
First Atomised 2001.
Atom (165) > Atom 2 (220) > Atom 3 (300) > Atom 3.5 (310) > Atom 4 (350).
There is no cure.