Wireless Steering Wheel Buttons

MonsieurX

Re: Wireless Steering Wheel Buttons

Post by MonsieurX » Mon Oct 20, 2014 10:44 am

Im interested...

Self-canceling turn signal buttons, horn, flashing lasers high-beams to pass those idiots asleep in my lane (or racing line)... Datalogger on/off... What else? Brake balance would be a plus but i dont see how it could work here...

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Mon Oct 20, 2014 12:30 pm

Mmm yeah, High beam on the lights would be useful  as would the indicators when you come to think of it ... the horn could do with a different control - its the same as the start button at the moment I have to think twice and by that time its no longer required.....

I must resist......though

mk1 Andi

Post by mk1 Andi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 9:41 am

" Here is an image of our Raptor system installed into a vehicle with a 300mm OMP Targa Steering Wheel....."

Does anybody know where i can get this 300mm steering wheel??
  ???
Thanks

Steve Gibson
Administrator

Post by Steve Gibson » Sun Mar 08, 2015 1:17 pm

Looking at this particular website:

http://www.jjcraceandrally.com/omp-steering-wheels-6

The Targa is 330mm, whilst the Trecento is 300mm.

Maybe the Targa 300mm has been discontinued or the original post has the wrong measurement?
First Atomised 2001.
Atom (165) > Atom 2 (220) > Atom 3 (300) > Atom 3.5 (310) > Atom 4 (350).
There is no cure.

mk1 Andi

Post by mk1 Andi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 2:08 pm

I wrote an E-mail to lee McCormick from Summit Technologies and he said, that the Wheel on the first post was a Targa  330mm!!
  ;D
Thanks anyway

I have purchased the Wireless system last week, and as soon i will have time to mount it on the car, i'll post some pics here  :vroom:

Summit Technologies

Post by Summit Technologies » Sun Mar 08, 2015 3:18 pm

Yep, sorry guys it was a Typo :doh:

The wheel shown in the photo was in fact a 330mm OD OMP Targa. Any 300mm plus wheel is a perfect size for the Raptor  :tu:

Lee.

mk1 Andi

Post by mk1 Andi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:20 pm

I`m afraid i have to disagree...
last week i bought the Sparco P300 Steering Wheel and now i have to send it back, because the Raptor doesn`t fit...
More precisely the Buttons for Windscreen wipers and fluid are clashing to the horizontal spokes of the wheel, because they are to thick!  :doh:

Now i will try the OMP Trecento 300, hopefully this one will work!  ;D

Summit Technologies

Post by Summit Technologies » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:26 pm

Sorry to hear that Andi.

We've tried to make the Raptor compatible with as many steering wheel layouts as possible, but there will always be some cases where the spokes of the steering wheel may foul the buttons.

I am sure the Trecento will be great  :vroom:

Please share a photo when you have it installed  :tu:

mk1 Andi

Post by mk1 Andi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 4:29 pm

You dont have to be sorry about that, i was just so lucky and grabbed one of the wrong ones!  ;D
Attachments
DSC_2580-1-640x588.jpg

Summit Technologies

Post by Summit Technologies » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:06 pm

Andi, here's the Raptor on a 300mm OMP Trecento wheel layout. It's lined up exactly with the mounting holes for sizing.

I needed to see it for myself  ;D
Attachments
Raptor on Trecento 300mm.jpg

mk1 Andi

Post by mk1 Andi » Sun Mar 08, 2015 5:12 pm

Great, thanks!
Now i can be sure that it will work!!  :vroom:

mk1 Andi

Post by mk1 Andi » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:50 am

Hello all,
After I had knee surgery, I came to install just last week.
What should I say ...
The Raptor came in a small box with a short but detailed instruction.
So i started to measure out the wires of my car, which was a little tricky because the former owner made a pretty mess with the wires.
Then i soldered the first few wires to the raptor, put the 2032 Battery in the transmitter and tried the indicators and the horn. 
Everything worked great and i had a big grinn on my face!  ;D ;D

So i tried to go on with the warning flashers.....
After hours of measuring and trying i couldn make it work.... :(
On the warning flasher button are so many wires which are interacting with even more things that i just couldn`t do it by myself.  (for instance:the indicators are not working when the warning blinker isn`t connected..)

But fortunately a friend of mine helped me by soldering a circuit board which takes on the functions of the Flasher Button. 
So it works as follows: I Push the Raptor button, the Raptor sends it to the receiver, the receiver to the circuit board and from there to the single indicators! 
Attachments
DSC_2669.jpg

mk1 Andi

Post by mk1 Andi » Wed Apr 08, 2015 7:56 am

In the Raptor receiver Box was so much space left underneath the original circuid board, that i was able to fit the new board inside the Raptor.
So it doesn`t look that bad.....
After i have found a place for the box i made a holder for it behind the dashboard so you can`t see it.

Edit: This Board doesn`t replace the original Raptor board, i added it!!
Attachments
DSC_2659.jpg
DSC_2658.jpg
Last edited by mk1 Andi on Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:24 am, edited 1 time in total.

mk1 Andi

Post by mk1 Andi » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:05 am

When that was done i screwed the Receiver tho my new steering wheel.....
the problem with that was, that the suede lether was so thick that the Receiver didn`t lay on the aluminum but outside on the leather. So when i screwed it on it has warped/bent.  :-
But with that i took the easy way and screwed it on with 2 washers (for every screw) between the Wheel and the receiver.
As i was too stingy for buying the 3 to 6 hole adaptor i made it myself. It doesn`t look very good but it works!  :D
By the way, i have made the black aluminum plate out of the old steering wheel.  ;D
Attachments
DSC_2664.jpg
DSC_2663.jpg

mk1 Andi

Post by mk1 Andi » Wed Apr 08, 2015 8:12 am

After all the Raptor Kit is a great thing althought i think its a little too expensive and i wished the thing with the warning blinkers would have been faster and easyer.... :doh:

Oh, before i forget, the transmitter even works through 2 housewalls and 15meters into the garage, haha!  ;D

Greetings from Austria
Andi