Road and Racegear

julian

Road and Racegear

Post by julian » Fri Jan 18, 2013 10:58 am

I was looking for a pair of gloves the other day and a a hold all with some depth to take my gear to Spain. I was looking on the net and came across the above.

They run the operation from a shop at 6 Hanger Green. Ealing W53el, next to Park royal tube.

They provided a very good service, helmets, boots, race suits and much more. Very much on the lines of GPR without having to go to silverstone. Worth a call before you go to check whatever item is in stock.

Good to try on and see the product without the faff of returning by post. The owner was a big atom fan. You can park outside the shop as well.

He is an agent for Bell, Sparco, Arai, Puma and more.

Recommended, check out the website.

Julian

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: Road and Racegear

Post by John Scherrer » Fri Jan 18, 2013 1:42 pm

Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Toilet Duck

Post by Toilet Duck » Thu Feb 07, 2013 7:27 pm

If the weather stays dry, I'm going to have a drive up to them on saturday for a nose around  :)
Atom 3 300

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Fri Feb 08, 2013 7:30 pm

Full report Toilet when you return......... :tu:

Toilet Duck

Post by Toilet Duck » Sat Feb 09, 2013 6:36 pm

[quote="meladdo"]
Full report Toilet when you return......... :tu:
[/quote]

Well, I made it there and back despite the weather forecast being completely wrong!

The chap who runs the place was extremely helpful and a pleasure to deal with, I learnt a lot about race gear etc. Unfortunately, he doesn't stock much at all. In fact I don't really see the point of his "shop" as it was basically empty with half a dozen pairs of boots and gloves on display, two or three lids and a rail of race suits. He obviously does the vast bulk of his trade online but I thought a physical shop would mean a reasonable amount of stock on display/for sale. Having said that, I'll be happy to order through his website as he seemed a decent bloke.

End of report  ;)
Atom 3 300

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Sat Feb 09, 2013 8:28 pm

:tu:  - Just looking at his website.......

julian

Post by julian » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:07 pm

I have never been to the equivalent shop at silverstone (GPR) but they had one in Chiswick, these type of outlets seem to be online and not much stock. I did say in my original post to check if the item you wanted was in stock. If it wasn't he would get it to whoever the next day.

If you want the basics, ie race suits, boots, gloves, helmet? then you should be ok, my visit suited me.

I think I should be able to negotiate a club discount.

Julian

Toilet Duck

Post by Toilet Duck » Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:18 pm

[quote="julian"]I did say in my original post to check if the item you wanted was in stock. [/quote]

Indeed you did! :)

It wasn't a "problem," I didn't expect him to have everything he sold physically in his shop, I just assumed he would have a lot more than pretty much next to nothing ;) I wasn't really looking for a specific item, I just wanted to see a range of different types of boot/glove etc in the flesh and go from there. I guess in my head I imagined it was going to be a place like Hein Gericke or similar (I can only go on my biking experience as this is the first car specific clothing place I've been to).

But like I said above, the owner seemed a top bloke and I came away knowing a lot more about racing boots/gloves etc than I did before I arrived. I'll be happy to give him my business based on that alone!

:)
Last edited by Toilet Duck on Sat Feb 09, 2013 9:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 3 300