Gloves

julian

Gloves

Post by julian » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:25 am

I am looking to buy a new pair of gloves for the spring. Please can someone recommend brand and model. I have read various threads on here but I can't see what gloves do what. I assume I would need karting or open car type with some durability for crap weather, Alpinestars or  Sparco. I currently use bike gloves without the padding.

Thanks in advance.

Julian

toms

Re: Gloves

Post by toms » Fri Feb 10, 2012 10:52 am

Stand 21 all the way for me - outside stitched ones are REALLY comfy.  Then I have a pair of winter gloves (Alpinestars  motorcycle type) that I keep under the bonnet with my waterproofs.

http://www.stand21.co.uk/

Plus the salesman is the ultra friendly Keith Wood who doubles as an Ariel test driver in his spare time!

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri Feb 10, 2012 11:38 am

I have Alpinestars Tex 1Z or something like that.  Outside stitched and most importantly as seen on various F1 drivers during the season.

Ben

julian

Post by julian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 10:23 am

Thanks very much for the advice, hope to see you soon at an event.

Julian

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:04 pm

I have sparco tide or storm - agree outside stich good for comfort but the grippy pads are the best aspect that suggest you need to look for - very sticky with the alcantara stuff on the quick release wheel - had another pair what were great with the porkers leather wheel but crap with alcantara

When cold use sealskinz

wasp

Post by wasp » Mon Feb 13, 2012 12:31 pm

[quote="FlyingTrotter"]

When cold use sealskinz
[/quote]

+1. Brilliant in winter.

I think Steve G recommended these to me about 3 years ago and it was a very wise move.
Waterproof and more importantly wind proof.

Cheers,
Stu
Atom 4, Gr Yaris

julian

Post by julian » Mon Feb 13, 2012 3:57 pm

Thanks again, I have a pair of Sealskinz which Steve also recommended when I first got an Atom. I will look into the ones you have recommended for Spring / summer use.

Cheers all.

Julian