The ARIEL Jacket anyone have one

wattie

Re: The ARIEL Jacket anyone have one

Post by wattie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:31 am

There seems to be a common thread here,

Nice jacket, but very short armed.....if those proportions are correct for Atom Owners I wouldn't like to be at the bar at the Christmas party.....with deep pockets there's no chance of anyone buying a drink!

Cheers Wattie

toms

Post by toms » Tue Nov 08, 2011 9:59 am

[quote="John Williams"]
So if the jackets are a little short in the sleeve for us long armed owners and the choice of size depends on one's shape, then how about posting up some dimensions for those of us too far stop in for a fitting.

Chest measurements, waist measurements, jacket length and arm length should be more than enough. I would have expected this information on Ariel's site but perhaps it can be posted here.
[/quote]

I wouldn't know how to measure it John!

TBH I wouldn't trust that the sizes were perfect anyway - giving exact measurements is a tricky one as it's a mass produced item.

For what it's worth my coat fits perfectly...but the sleeves are too long.  Maybe I'm just a weirdo!

toms

Post by toms » Tue Nov 08, 2011 10:41 am

[quote="John Williams"]
[quote="Tom"]

TBH I wouldn't trust that the sizes were perfect anyway - giving exact measurements is a tricky one as it's a mass produced item.
[/quote]

A quick email to your supplier should produce the measurements. They will be making them to a pattern whether mass or batch produced. If they didn't have dimensions then repeatability (even allowing for slight variation) would not be possible in the sizes S, M, L, XL, etc.
[/quote]

Hi John

Just had a discussion at this end and I'm afraid that the only sizing that we can give is S, M, L, XL and 2XL.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Tom

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:15 am

[quote="Tom"]
[quote="John Williams"]
[quote="Tom"]

[/quote]

A quick email to your supplier should produce the measurements. They will be making them to a pattern whether mass or batch produced. If they didn't have dimensions then repeatability (even allowing for slight variation) would not be possible in the sizes S, M, L, XL, etc.
[/quote]

Hi John

Just had a discussion at this end and I'm afraid that the only sizing that we can give is S, M, L, XL and 2XL.

Sorry for any inconvenience caused.

Tom
[/quote]

Were you sitting close to the phone then - with those short arms :roflp:

Sorry :-[

Tom do you have various sizes in stock - at any one time - try on when picking up car is my thoughts

toms

Post by toms » Tue Nov 08, 2011 11:18 am

;D

Yes all sizes and colours in stock

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Wed Nov 09, 2011 12:13 am

So Tom, no chance of a 4XL jacket run?  If I remember the other thread there were 6 or so that wanted one.

toms

Post by toms » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:29 am

Last edited by toms on Wed Nov 09, 2011 4:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.

toms

Post by toms » Wed Nov 09, 2011 8:34 am

[quote="Norm"]
So Tom, no chance of a 4XL jacket run?  If I remember the other thread there were 6 or so that wanted one.
[/quote]

Hi Norm

Yes there is but to get the jackets to a sensible price we need to order a good number - I know there are half a dozen as you say so when we re-order I'll get a list going to see who wants one and we'll get it sorted.  Unfortunately we ordered quite a few first time round (to get the price sensible as I say) so it has been a while already and will be a little while yet.  We haven't forgotten you guys though!

Tom

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 12:19 pm

Well after loosing 3 stone now :o (for pending spinal surgery) I may need a smaller one ;D

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sat Feb 25, 2012 1:05 pm

Well done ! Now just need to permanently modify your lifestyle to keep it that way  ;D

Hope the procedure won't stop you being able to drive too long - when is your car due?
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Sat Feb 25, 2012 9:53 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]
Well done ! Now just need to permanently modify your lifestyle to keep it that way  ;D

Hope the procedure won't stop you being able to drive too long - when is your car due?
[/quote]

Car been on order for 6 months - so I will get it in about another 3 or 4 I guess - But operation due similar time - so may pospone it a little while. I have another stone to go to make surgeon happy - then spinal fusion....... :(
and some titanium plates and nuts and bolts - Stainless Steel upgrade :tu:

Indeed my lifestyle has changed. its been hard to do with not being able to excersise very much at all, mostly done on diet changes.

So

The car is the reward ;D and something to look forward to.....

I cant wait to own one

wattie

Post by wattie » Sun Feb 26, 2012 8:37 am

[quote="meladdo"]
Well after loosing 3 stone now :o (for pending spinal surgery) I may need a smaller one ;D
[/quote]

Yup, gets a well done from me too!
Surgery sounds nasty, hope the Atom seats don't prove to be an uncomfortable issue.

cheers Wattie

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Sun Feb 26, 2012 2:18 pm

Cheers :tu:

I used to be a keen body builder, many years ago.....then I damaged my lower back and the pec's along with most of the muscle mass went south :roflp: I can have a laugh about it all now but it was a life changing situation at the time - how we humans hate change, especially when we have no choice.....This surgery is being offered by a surgeon who thinks he has an answere to my situation, No others have offered any possibility of relief from my pain.

I live in hope :)

fb.george

Post by fb.george » Sun Feb 26, 2012 5:38 pm

Good luck Meladdo
Got to be worth a go. Fingers crossed for you
Keep smiling!!

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:03 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]

[/quote]

Hi John - well its due Sept / Oct this year - But I have put it off until March next year - as my operation was put back because I was....erm a little on the heavy side ;)

Doing ok now at total loss so far.....is  48lbs :o ..... what an embarrassing weight loss figure  ??? How I ever got that large is beyond me, as I didn't eat rubbish...........all happened after the initial accident - then a year later I was on the mend and was hit up the rear end on the M6, bloke in a van doing 70 hit car behind that hit us, how the two women in the car behind had no injuries I am amazed - I was a passenger and my mate who was driving saw the accident happening in the rear view mirror, we were stopped at the time and he said brace yourself!!! - I did and was the worse thing I could have done.....cut out of the car and never been the same since.....since I have been surviving on anti inflammatory medication and Morphine at night sometimes to get a nights sleep.

Hopefully My man in Manchester will have the answere in 4 or 5 months time........I'll need a job then :tu:  ;D cant wait to get back to the land of the living

Until then -48lbs and counting