The ARIEL Jacket anyone have one

meladdo

The ARIEL Jacket anyone have one

Post by meladdo » Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:41 pm

Well its unlike me to own lots of a car makers apparel - But I quite fancy on of those Ariel Jackets for use in the Atom - when its here ;)

Anyone have one they might like to share an insight with me  :tu:

This is the one I speak of here http://www.arielmotor.co.uk/store/product.php?id_product=26
Last edited by meladdo on Sun Nov 06, 2011 3:44 pm, edited 1 time in total.

mypresenttome

Re: The ARIEL Jacket anyone have one

Post by mypresenttome » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:25 pm

I have one and it is fantastic, dry, warm and all the pockets for nic-naks you could ask for.  I am 6'3" and the sleeves are long enough for a change and the body is fairly slim fit so I don't look like a bell  ;D (XL)

All the other owners I have met with them think the same as far as I can see. 

Recommended purchase  :tu:
Mugen #5, Kuga and an understanding wife

ragezx14r

Post by ragezx14r » Sun Nov 06, 2011 9:38 pm

I have one and it is better than any motorcycle jacket i have used previously in open top cars. Definately dry and warm.

Longest journey was from Huddersfield to Luton and back. 360 miles total in sunny, dry, light rain, heavy rain and windy weather all in the same day. Handled it all very well. Now i don't leave home without it. A bit warm for summer trackdays though.

Darren

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Sun Nov 06, 2011 10:47 pm

[quote="hydeski"]
I have one and it is fantastic, dry, warm and all the pockets for nic-naks you could ask for.  I am 6'3" and the sleeves are long enough for a change and the body is fairly slim fit so I don't look like a bell  ;D (XL)

All the other owners I have met with them think the same as far as I can see. 

Recommended purchase  :tu:
[/quote]

Nope I think the sleeves are too short and am waiting for them to make a batch of bigger ones.

The mrs has one which fits here well and has been tested in various weather conditions.  The red ones are also ideal for fans of Michael Jackson circa Thriller

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Mon Nov 07, 2011 1:43 pm

The red ones are also ideal for fans of Michael Jackson circa Thriller
:roflp:

Not planning on any crotch grabbing so I think its the black one - should I purchase :tu:

;D

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Nov 07, 2011 4:50 pm

I can't really comment objectively on the efficacy, since I played a significant role in the creation of an Ariel jacket, but I can say that it represents amazing value for money.

I really don't know how Ariel have produced a jacket that good at that rrp... I certainly couldn't have.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

NormLarson

Post by NormLarson » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:12 pm

The black do look great and I too are waiting on the batch of bigger ones. 

:roflp: @ Triller comment!

glyn430

Post by glyn430 » Mon Nov 07, 2011 5:26 pm

I really like the black one, the problem for me is I like to try them on to ensure the correct size, especially with something like this, too big or too small could make it difficult for driving?

Guess I will have to wait until I eventually go to the factory.............. Unless there is another way?

Tom?

wattie

Post by wattie » Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:10 pm

I'd be havin a black one. Think it looks great.

I'd also insist on the stick on stubble and general moodiness as presented in the model photo being included in the package.

I'm likin the comnavagolook.
Well ard.
Cheers Wattie
Last edited by wattie on Mon Nov 07, 2011 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:13 pm

Agreed on good to try - I did and it wasn't very comfortable though know several folk love the fit - rather suggests (surprise surprise)atom drivers are different shapes not just sizes

ragezx14r

Post by ragezx14r » Mon Nov 07, 2011 8:30 pm

I agree when not in the car it is quite bulky when zipped up and you get the feeling it won't be very comfortable in the car but once you start driving all is forgotten.

Darren

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Mon Nov 07, 2011 11:04 pm

[quote="wattie"]
I'd be havin a black one. Think it looks great. I'd also insist on the stick on stubble and general moodiness as presented in the model photo being included in the package. I'm likin the comnavagolook. Well ard.Cheers Wattie [/quote]Sure but you need to be a raving Queen like Rookie to carry off that look. To be fair he's got it down, grands temps.
Cheers,
Hedge

toms

Post by toms » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:11 am

[quote="Glyn430"]
I really like the black one, the problem for me is I like to try them on to ensure the correct size, especially with something like this, too big or too small could make it difficult for driving?

Guess I will have to wait until I eventually go to the factory.............. Unless there is another way?

Tom?
[/quote]

Teleportation?  ;D

Come to the AAOC Christmas Party and try mine on?

Buy one and send it back if it's the wrong size and get another?

Seriously though it's ages since i've seen you Glyn so can't really remember how big you are - from rough memory an XL would probably be OK; I wear XXL....

wattie

Post by wattie » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:22 am

[quote="Tom"]
[quote="Glyn430"]

Tom?
[/quote]
I wear XXL....
[/quote]
Of course you do...you drive a 245.
Cheers Wattie

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Tue Nov 08, 2011 8:26 am

"Come to the AAOC Christmas Party and try mine on?"

Is that your dress code suggestion Tom ?!  :)

I think they're great in black too - a real mobile duvet, but found I had to go for the XL to get the arms long enough.

==> Plenty of room for a fleece under  :tu:
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold