Defnder Neck Brace

DarthChicken

Defnder Neck Brace

Post by DarthChicken » Mon Mar 01, 2010 4:13 am

I bought this last month, but only today got it fitted. 

The Defnder is a competitor to the Hans device.  At $549, it's much cheaper than the Hans (even the non-carbon fiber version), and offers some interesting benefits - adjustable angle (20-40 degrees), SFI 38.1 approved, sliding teather, and most important to me, this thing called "VST System" which protects you in 30 degree offset impacts (the Hans only protects in head on). 

The adjustments were easy to make - which is a good thing, because there are LOTS of adjustments that can be made.  You need help to fit it, but once its fit, you're set.  The quick release mounts on the helmet work great - I find it easiest to put the Defnder on my shoulders, get in the car and strap up (the straps run through channels in the device), then put my helmet on and attach the straps to my helmet by feel.  Takes about 3 minutes. 

Here is a link to the manual for anybody that's interested.  I'm not affiliated with the vendor at all where this manual is hosted, but was treated REALLY well by them, and would highly recommend them.  Yes, customer service does exist.

http://www.apexperformance.net/CartGenie/pg_defnder-usermanual.asp

If you do a minimal amount of searching, you can find 10% off promo codes.

Thanks Positron for stearing me this direction  :tu:

positron

Re: Defnder Neck Brace

Post by positron » Mon Mar 01, 2010 5:16 am

:tu: safe makes you faster..

Karl

Re: Defnder Neck Brace

Post by Karl » Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:29 pm

I was just browsing their website, and apparently, the DefNder is no longer in production. Too bad, it looked like it filled a good low-cost high-effectiveness niche. Rumor has it they folded to litigation pressure from HANS.
Last edited by Karl on Fri Sep 16, 2011 5:33 pm, edited 1 time in total.