Car Cover

smclean35

Car Cover

Post by smclean35 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:20 pm

Does anyone know where to buy a decent cover?  ???

NathanE

Re: Car Cover

Post by NathanE » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:26 pm

I have been very happy with my factory supplied one. 

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:36 pm

Depends what you want it for. I couldnt face the cost from the factory as I only wanted it for very occasional use outside. I bought a £40 one from Halfords that does a reasonable job - elasticated corners that tuck perfectly around the wheels. If I wanted a cover for regular use outside or regular dust cover inside I would buy the factory ones.

Trigger
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

smclean35

Post by smclean35 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:43 pm

what does the factory one look like?

Drinks

Post by Drinks » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:49 pm

Exterior one looks like this...

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:50 pm

[quote="Mr.Toad"]
I have been very happy with my factory supplied one. 
[/quote]

Me too.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

Drinks

Post by Drinks » Tue Oct 20, 2009 3:53 pm

I'm happy with the factory cover too.
Only downside despite the cost is that it is quite bulky for a short trip away, though it can be stuffed behind the seats if you aren't too tall.

smclean35

Post by smclean35 » Tue Oct 20, 2009 4:00 pm

any photos of interior one?

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:23 pm

Me too, that's my car hidden under the exterior one.

It's unlikely anyone else is going to supply one shaped like an Atom other than......................ummmmm, let me guess the factory  ;)

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Tue Oct 20, 2009 8:25 pm

[quote="Drinks"]
Exterior one looks like this...
[/quote]

This photo has made me feel a little sad, what a great trip that was.  This is taken on our first night in Spain.  I need a road trip badly  :doh:

Terry Kennedy

Post by Terry Kennedy » Tue Oct 20, 2009 11:17 pm

[quote="Drinks"]
I'm happy with the factory cover too.
Only downside despite the cost is that it is quite bulky for a short trip away, though it can be stuffed behind the seats if you aren't too tall.
[/quote]

My [Brammo] factory cover has an Ariel logo at the nose. After 20K miles or so, the metallized plastic on the outside is getting kind of crinkly, but it isn't leaking yet.

I find that I can roll the cover up and put it in its carrysack between the passenger footrest and the front "firewall".

The trick to rolling up the cover is to leave it stretched out on the car, folding the driver's side edge toward the center, then the passenger side. Then double that over and start rolling it from the back toward the front.

I don't have a picture of the indoor cover installed. It is red and black and fuzzy. When I put the Atom away for the season I'll take a picture.

julian

Post by julian » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:04 am

I bought mine via the net from 'Classic Additions'. They advertise themselves as the official suppliers to Ariel. It wasnt cheap so I dont know if there is a saving to be had buying from them as opposed to the factory. I found Classic Additions very helpful and straight forward to deal with, cover fits car superbly and looks identical to John Lloyds.

Worth a phone call.

Regards

Julian

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Wed Oct 21, 2009 10:25 am

I called Classic Additions as what I would really like is a small half cover to just cover the passenger area, like Lotus 2-11's have. They told me it is in development and will be shown to Ariel in the coming weeks.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

Alec

Post by Alec » Sun Jan 24, 2010 2:10 pm

I wouldn't mind having a cover for mine but unfortunately the factory ones don't fit Atoms with wings so are not suitable.

This is the best they could do it themselves at the factory (the front wing's exposed as well) . . . .

There's another thread on this subject Here
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)