Lazy ol Me (Nadine)

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
maybepoet

Lazy ol Me (Nadine)

Post by maybepoet » Wed Jun 10, 2009 7:27 pm

Sorry I haven't visited the forum as much as I'd like, only friends and family have needed some attention as they're currently in 'Auto Fret' mode. :(

The only time I can't give them the attention is when my brain has an identity crisis and I turn into Manuel from Faulty Towers, or its as though I have a NHS hearing aid. :P

One day I say "Don't Shout!" and the next its "Can you speak up please?" My family and friends think I've lost the plot. I haven't of course, it's just my brain injury letting me know I'm not invincible.

My friend Nada and me have this in common, only she thinks she's lost her marbles. I can't find mine. She also gets very upset and cries as she is painfully shy and much too scared to ask the Neurosurgeons for help (she's had 4 tumours).

I'm still very sensitive about my blind squinty eye and I'm still bumping into things and apologising to fresh air, but the other "all seeing eye" has much better things to do, like reading the funnies on the Atom Forum as well as following the threads as they unravel into infinity like a knitted sweater in the jaws of a bored canine. :D

Simon is now known as the "Gay Smurf" after our outing with Alec and Davo a few weeks ago. While I settled back in Davo's Atom 300, he gingerly climbed into Alec's cockpit sporting a dashing brown/tangerine bobble hat and Oakley shades. 8)

I think  I need parking sensors when I'm out on the street. Simon thinks I need a loud hailer and a T-Shirt with the words "SELF CONSCIOUS -YES. SELF OBSESSED OH NO!" to announce to all the "me! me! me! bimbo's and himbo's" that not all women are the same. :doh:

It's as though my senses go into overdrive and I can feel my head starting to spin a la Exorcist

Atoms are still numero uno in my world (well, second to my loving husband)

Nadine (Atom groupie and wannabe owner) :-*

John Lloyd

Re: Lazy ol Me (Nadine)

Post by John Lloyd » Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:17 pm

If you're ever south of London let me know.

Alec

Post by Alec » Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:58 am

Sounds like withdrawal symptoms to me so you probably need another dose of 'Atom'.

Let me know when you want to take your medicine and I'll pop down.  Image
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

maybepoet

Post by maybepoet » Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:53 pm

Alec,

You are welcome here anytime, just give me a ring and I'll put the kettle on. Simon & Dave (rally driver and helmet lender) have found a crackiing 10mile circular Atom route, not too far from here which we can try. You never know, Andy, Lee or anyone else might like to tag along as well?

Are you going to Oulton Park next Tuesday? ;D

Thanks for the kind offer John. You don't have to ask me twice. Simon was thinking of revisiting a few old army haunts in Surrey and Hants this Summer.

Nadine  :tu:

P.S. Alec I may be alone. Now there is a scary thought.Simon goes to work soon so I would be glad of the company.  ;)
Last edited by maybepoet on Fri Jun 12, 2009 8:00 am, edited 1 time in total.