Aiintree Track Day - Nadine

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
maybepoet

Aiintree Track Day - Nadine

Post by maybepoet » Sat May 30, 2009 5:41 pm

Dear all,

A is for Alec
A is for Atom
A is for Awesome
A is for Aintree  :drool:

Simon had one 9 lap session and I had 2. Yowza!

Alec managed 138mph on the home straight with Sy, but only 134mph with yours truly.

We were both a little hung over from a stop in Manchester on Friday night. :P

I had the brain scan yesterday and everything looks ok. I won't know the results for a few weeks though.

When we arrived in Manchester we were involved in an a road accident. Simon came round a corner at about 10 -15mph and someone opened the drivers door of their car as we pulled alongside. Huge gouge from front door to bumper - ouch, it alsmost tore their door from its hinges. They agreed to accept liability. I had a bit of delayed whiplash, so I may have to see my GP next week.

I met Lee, Andy Drinkwater, and Libby today. Lee says he may join us on our next jaunt with Davo and Alec. (can't wait).

The Atomisers (there I go again!) really are a great bunch of guys. Always generous, accommodating and offering words of encouragement for all things Atomic ( and none atom related)

Davo, Hope all goes well at Oulton Park. Maybe we can go and cheer you on?

Signing off now as very tired and sunburnt.

Who needs bloody therapies when you've been in an Atom.

Nadine  :tu:

Atoms Rock  ;D

jon b

Re: Aiintree Track Day - Nadine

Post by jon b » Sat May 30, 2009 6:24 pm

Sounds fantastic guys and you have that much to say being a passenger with Alec, just wait until you get out with a real driver like john h or bruce or paul 300. :) sorry to hear about the incident

EricHowe

Post by EricHowe » Sun May 31, 2009 1:58 am

Sounds like you had a fantastic day. My hat goes off to Alec for helping you savour the Atom experience. :tu:

maybepoet

Post by maybepoet » Sun May 31, 2009 10:46 am

Dont just sit there waiting for your boat to come in.
Swim out and meet the bloody thing

Q.What happens when you've got boats, jet ski's and submarines all bearing down on you at the same time? :laugh:

Thanks for the post 8)

Nade

Alec

Post by Alec » Sun May 31, 2009 5:22 pm

[quote="maybepoet"]

Who needs bloody therapies when you've been in an Atom.

Nadine  :tu:

[/quote]

I'm glad you had a good time as I enjoyed myself as well.

[quote="jon b"]
Sounds fantastic guys and you have that much to say being a passenger with Alec, just wait until you get out with a real driver like john h or bruce or paul 300. :) sorry to hear about the incident
[/quote]

Jon, I don't claim to be the best driver but I don't think I'm the worst. After all, my first time on a track was only just over two years ago on the day after my 59th birthday so I'm a bit of a late starter. Personally I don't think I'm doing too bad.  :-\

I agree with you about Bruce and Paul 300 though, but I've only ever seen John H driving his Civic so I'll reserve judgment on him.  ;)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

jon b

Post by jon b » Sun May 31, 2009 6:28 pm

Alec, good on ya again  :tu:

BlueWesty1

Post by BlueWesty1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 7:59 pm

It was a great day!
My 1700cc xflow Westfield was running well and keeping up with the atoms.... right up to the point where my engine blew up :(

Anyone got any pictures or know where I can find them?

Thanks,

Drinks

Re: Aintree Track Day - Nadine

Post by Drinks » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:21 pm

Here's a few...
Attachments
image01.jpg

Drinks

Post by Drinks » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Attachments
image002.jpg

Drinks

Post by Drinks » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:22 pm

Attachments
image003.jpg

BlueWesty1

Post by BlueWesty1 » Mon Jun 01, 2009 8:44 pm

Thanks for the pics, I've searched all over the web but no-one seems to have posted any.

Must rebuild engine tomorrow or consider something with more horses ;D

Alec

Re: Aintree Track Day - Nadine

Post by Alec » Tue Jun 02, 2009 9:25 am

[quote="BlueWesty1"]
My 1700cc xflow Westfield was running well and keeping up with the atoms....
[/quote]

Pardon?

I seem to remember flying past you quite a few times on Railway Straight.  ::)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

BlueWesty1

Post by BlueWesty1 » Tue Jun 02, 2009 1:55 pm

I agree you did drive away from me on the railway straight. To be expected really, 1700cc Westy, 130bhp and geared to max 121mph. What I was alluding to with the comment "able to keep up with the Atoms" is that around the twisty parts of the circuit from the start line to railway straight We made progress on you. I think in fact you overtook me every time on railway but by the time you reached the photographer we were firmly in sight of your vtec.

Oh have you forgotten our overtaking maneuver on you, exiting the last bend after railway. Really not trying to score points, just found it interesting how both types of car performed on different parts of the circuit.

You up for a track day at Elvington?? :laugh: :laugh:

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:34 pm

[quote="BlueWesty1"]
just found it interesting how both types of car performed on different parts of the circuit.
[/quote]

I really don't think you can compare the cars unless you have the same driver in each of them and time the laps by sector. 

Ben

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Tue Jun 02, 2009 2:40 pm

An Atom being passed by a Westy!
Shame on you, Alec. You have in one foul circuit, sorry, swoop besmearched the Atom myth...... ;D

Cheers, Hedge