Nadine's Update

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
maybepoet

Nadine's Update

Post by maybepoet » Sun May 17, 2009 8:02 am

???

Thanks for all the great feedback on the "Groovy Tuesday" thread.

I thought I'd update you on my health. I think I'm making some progress, although my left eye blindness and anosmia (medical name for absence of smell or taste) does really bother me at times.

My moods still fluctuate (as Simon will testify) and I have a real issue with my identity and appearance, although Simon's constantly reassuring me that I  look 'gorgeous.' Yeah, right!

Simon's also been researching some great "Atom Drives", with the assistance of Dave Miller who is a friend and  accomplished Rally Driver ( Top five placing in the Isle of Mull Rally for over ten years) and thinks he's come up with an absolute doozy.

I went for an important eye appt yesterday and I've been told I have to have an operation (don't know when though)

The big diary date is 29th May when I have my second brain scan. This is being done early because Mr Price saw some changes he wasn't happy with on the first scan.

Wish us luck

Nadine & Simon

P.S If we do go out for a burn again with Alec & Davo it would be great to see a few more 'atomisers'. Sorry, I will have to stop using that word.

DADOH

Re: Nadine's Update

Post by DADOH » Sun May 17, 2009 9:57 am

Nadine & Simon, best of luck in a difficult time.

George

jon b

Post by jon b » Sun May 17, 2009 11:15 am

thinking of you guys. Fingers crossed

Jon B

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon May 18, 2009 11:45 am

[quote="maybepoet"]

. . . . and I have a real issue with my identity and appearance, although Simon's constantly reassuring me that I  look 'gorgeous.' Yeah, right!

[/quote]

I agree with Simon.  :-*

[quote="maybepoet"]

Wish us luck

Nadine & Simon

[/quote]

I've been beaming possitive thoughts your way ever since we met and I'll be keeping my fingers crossed on the 29th.  :tu:

[quote="maybepoet"]

P.S If we do go out for a burn again with Alec & Davo it would be great to see a few more 'atomisers'. Sorry, I will have to stop using that word.

[/quote]

Nadine, I'm looking forward to the next drive out with you so that's a definite date arrangement (Simon can come too I suppose).  Image

P.S. Have you mentioned getting a trike to your dad yet?   ;)
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

maybepoet

Post by maybepoet » Tue May 19, 2009 7:24 am

Alec, ::)

When we meet again I'll slip Davo a tenner to drive Simon the opposite way.

I did mention to my Dad about having a Trike, so now the seed has been planted  I'll keep you posted if it blossoms into an actual action

Next time we have a blast it would be nice to see a few more of the 'atomisers'. There I go again!

Are you trading up to one of the new cataclysmic 500's?

I have that picture of you and Davo in Bakewell as my screensaver and Simon will run off a nice print that I plan to frame

I'd appreciate it if you kept me in the loop about any Atom Track days.

Kind regards

Nadine (would be atom pilot)  :laugh:

davo

Post by davo » Tue May 19, 2009 2:03 pm

Hi Nadine & Simon

Everything crossed over here too.  :tu: ;)

Trying to fit an intercom at the moment so that we won't need to SHHOOOOUUTTT next time.  :P

Added advantage I hope is that my road angel will work with it too, not as i exceed the legal speed limit you understand  :police:

Its already saved me sorry, a close friend, on a different car so I'm keen to get it installed on the atom. Slight problem is that its only vehicle mount is for a windscreen. Bugger all use then!!

Take care,

Davo

maybepoet

Post by maybepoet » Tue May 19, 2009 7:15 pm

Davo,

What the hell is a road angel when its at home? ???

I've been trawling through the great and not so great Atom You Tube Vids. Perhaps we could make one next time we go out?

Simon says I could be the clubs mascot or 'Atomic Kitten' although I'm not draping myself over anyone's bonnet, nudge nudge wink wink.

Even better, you could do an Atom Calendar like the W.I one, you know gear sticks and steering wheels positioned over sensitive areas.

Looking forward to our next outing. Considering you've only done a few hundred miles in your 300, I think you drive better than some men with 30yrs on the clock.

Up and Atom!

Nadine :-*

davo

Post by davo » Tue May 19, 2009 8:10 pm

Nadine

http://www.blackspot.com/products/roadangel_PLUS/

It goes balistic if it detects a traffic cam or police laser.  ;D

WI type calender............ check out my avatar....... its a pretty good likeness

Don't think we'll sell many  ;D

And i've put a bit of weight on since the photo

Davo
Attachments
fatman.jpg
fatman.jpg (1.93 KiB) Viewed 498 times

maybepoet

Post by maybepoet » Wed May 20, 2009 8:35 am

I saw this and thought of you,

Enjoy

Nadine :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh:

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Wed May 20, 2009 8:42 am

[quote="davo"]
Davo
[/quote]

Interesting. It covers mobile detectors, too, now. Never used too....
They've come down in price since I last had one. <250 sovs is pretty reasonable, all things considered.
Shame that's there's not a twat nav that has Road Angel on it. Or is there?

Cheers, Hedge

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed May 20, 2009 9:00 am

[quote="Hedge"]
[quote="davo"]
Davo
[/quote]

Interesting. It covers mobile detectors, too, now. Never used too....
They've come down in price since I last had one. <250 sovs is pretty reasonable, all things considered.
Shame that's there's not a twat nav that has Road Angel on it. Or is there?

Cheers, Hedge
[/quote]

You can load all of the camera databases into Tom Tom

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Wed May 20, 2009 9:14 am

[quote="benyeats"]
[/quote]

Doesn't cover the handhelds though, does it Ben?
They're the ones that I've (twice) been caught out on...

Cheers, Hedge

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Wed May 20, 2009 9:20 am

[quote="Hedge"]
[quote="benyeats"]
[/quote]

Doesn't cover the handhelds though, does it Ben?
They're the ones that I've (twice) been caught out on...

Cheers, Hedge
[/quote]

The locations of handhelds and when they are going to be setup are published in advance so you can get them and download them to your Tom Tom AFAIK.  In fact it would probably be good enough to just have the locations of handheld sites and be warned irrespective of the presence of a camera

Ben

davo

Post by davo » Wed May 20, 2009 10:09 am

Nadine,

A man can never have too many toys or boxes that have flashing lights and go beep every so often  ;D ;D ;D ;D

Hedge

My friend was proceeding along the M6 toll doing... 3 figures when the angel exploded into life. Tiff Needell voice saying WARNING, flashing lights (see Nadine!!)etc

Brakes were applied a bit sharpish and in the far distance, on one of the bridges, 2 figurse in hi-viz yellow could just be seen.

Passed under bridge at a sedate 65mph with a grin from ear to ear. Further on  4 unmarked plod stopping cars at the toll plaza.

The road angel bumf says that it can detect lasers from behind aswell. Aparently it can give false alarms if you have a heated windscreen so no probs with atom.

Any more takers for the calendar???

Davo

Alec

Post by Alec » Wed May 20, 2009 8:41 pm

[quote="maybepoet"]
I'd appreciate it if you kept me in the loop about any Atom Track days.

Kind regards

Nadine (would be atom pilot)  :laugh:
[/quote]

I'm doing a trackday at Aintree on the 30th May and if I know someone is going to turn up for a passenger ride I will take a spare helmet along for them (hint, hint).

Alternatively, there's a couple of Atoms at Oulton Park on Tuesday 2nd June, just 3 days later. I'm not sure I can make this one myself though.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)