Groovy Tuesday

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
maybepoet

Groovy Tuesday

Post by maybepoet » Thu May 14, 2009 9:00 am

:drool:

On Tuesday 12th I was treated to a life changing blast in two, yes two atoms driven by Alec & Davo, two extremely kind 'atomisers'. No, that sounds like an Eau De Toillette. Anyway, my husband arranged it all via covert emails to Bruce and Richard who posted a plea on line. Alec and Davo took up the challenge and arrived on Tuesday morning to take us from Sunny Stoke to Balmy Bakewell in Derbyshire.

We went via Leek, Longnor, Crowdecote, Monyash ending up in Bakewell on a beautifull clear sunny day. I was able to wear a full face helmet, whereas my husband Simon looked a little like a gay smurf opting for the Oakleys and bobble hat approach. His face was a picture in Davo's wing mirror. He looked as though he would expire any minute and I am sure I could see his lips mouthing Hail Mary's all the way there. He said the gravel assisted exfoliation treatment was excellent, although he has only just got the feeling back in his face.

The acceleration and limpet-like road holding is awesome. I felt like a passenger strapped to an exocet. Both drivers were very confident and I never felt frightened or afraid. I got the feeling they both enjoyed the blast as much as I did, allthough Davo kept telling me he hadn't really gotten used to his yet. I couldn't tell.

As the day went on both drivers became more relaxed in our company  as did Simon after several aneasthetising glasses of Italian Red wine and an intoxicatiing Morrello cherry chocolate dessert. We rocketed back through Monyash and then Ashbourne, finally ending up back home for a tea and coffee de-brief. We talked for an hour about everything from steam trains to speed cameras before bidding Alec and Davo fairwell. I still haven't come down to earth. Every few hours I will chuckle to myself and say "I've been out in an Atom". As simon says "They should be on prescription for anyone who needs cheering up". Every time I feel depressed I gaze at my atom pics and think to myself. What a ******* brilliant day!

Atoms Rock!

AlanP

Re: Groovy Tuesday

Post by AlanP » Thu May 14, 2009 9:13 am

What a terrific write-up.

Well done boys!

A
Beautiful 2000 XJR, last ever supercharged Atom, Fiesta Active, 'Verstappen' Honda e, Focus, Jaguar iPace, Volcano Yellow, MSO Black Pack 720S Spider.

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Thu May 14, 2009 9:17 am

You guys should get yourselves along to one of our track days, for a track passenger ride and see what an Atom can really do!
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Thu May 14, 2009 10:03 am

Superb write up and very happy to hear it all worked out so well. Its great when we can cheer people up with our Atoms. They make us smile all the time !!

Well done Alec and Davo sounds like you did us all proud.
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

maybepoet

Post by maybepoet » Thu May 14, 2009 5:21 pm

[quote="Richard Marler"]
You guys should get yourselves along to one of our track days, for a track passenger ride and see what an Atom can really do!
[/quote]

Richard,

Nadine says "Did I hear correctly about a track day? In the words of the Martini advert "Anytime, any place, anywhere!"

Bring it on!

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Thu May 14, 2009 8:11 pm

First rides in Atom's are unforgetable.  It's something I will never forget to such an extent you almost wish you had never bought one.

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Thu May 14, 2009 8:34 pm

Yep, I've test driven loads of motors and bikes , and bought quite a few but never handed over a deposit as quickly and eagerly as after the atom test drive- the first ride really is awesome  ;D