Greetings; and Few Questions

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Ben_payne

Re: Greetings; and Few Questions

Post by Ben_payne » Wed Jun 07, 2023 2:58 pm

Oh, I'm not knocking them. Great to see other options.

3 seater with central driver, and Scooby engine looks hilarious.

My point was purely that they still don't work if you're germaphobic!

JT1020

Post by JT1020 » Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:59 pm

I don’t think anything works if you’re a serious germaphobe. It’s a difficult way of life. I think there has to be limits what you should/shouldn’t be touching etc ✌🏼

rider

Post by rider » Thu Jun 08, 2023 1:59 am

JT1020 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 10:21 am Have you looked at the Exocet cars? I almost bought one for about £15k (fraction of the cost of an atom) but it has similar power with Ford engine.
Thanks for the suggestion; but, no. It is either A4 or bust! :-)
Ben_payne wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 11:30 am But looks like an Atom rip off.

With all the same issues for the OP I think.
True!
JT1020 wrote: Wed Jun 07, 2023 3:59 pm I don’t think anything works if you’re a serious germaphobe. It’s a difficult way of life. I think there has to be limits what you should/shouldn’t be touching etc ✌🏼
You're right. However, I'm not a serious germaphobe! I shake hands with others when I have to; touch public surfaces if needed; even touch door handles if I didn't have a napkin! Of course, having a relationship with a woman changes everything! So, yeah, I'm able to handle it; even appear and behave perfectly normal to anyone who doesn't know my quirks! 8) Just a clean-freak as much as normal-living allows.

So, thanks again everyone; highly appreciate everyone's feedback, suggestions and opinions. The ingress/egress problem, as applicable to my specific situation, seems solvable. I'm gonna make a run for it. Still, need to find a good Samaritan A4 owner to give me a shotgun drive and let me drive at least 10 mins. Will talk to TMI (the US builder) and possibly a dealer who could help.
-- Henry

-- '07 MV Agusta F4 -- '16 Boxster Spyder (981) -- '22 Miata Grand Touring -- '23 718 Spyder (982)

JT1020

Post by JT1020 » Thu Jun 08, 2023 2:18 pm

🤞🏼hopefully a dealer may be able to assist in a test drive. Or even possibly the factory themselves would help bag a customer I’d have imagined. All the best, good luck and drive safe ✌🏼

Let us know if you progress any with an Ariel machine

rider

Post by rider » Fri Jun 09, 2023 2:35 am

Thanks man; appreciate it. Will reach out to anyone and everyone who could help. It would be extremely exciting if I can realize my plan of having an A4 and a Seven 420R! Could take a few years. But, I need to get a feel for them before I can get the deposits in. Current gen Civic Type R could run for another 3 years; the powertrain production could stop after that aside from the number of orders placed by Ariel/TMI. Acura Integra uses Type R's powertrain; so, that would extend the life bit longer.

I'll post up here, of course. I'll have a lot more questions along the way. cheers.
-- Henry

-- '07 MV Agusta F4 -- '16 Boxster Spyder (981) -- '22 Miata Grand Touring -- '23 718 Spyder (982)

Alec

Post by Alec » Sat Jun 10, 2023 8:11 pm

Ben_payne wrote: Sun Jun 04, 2023 5:10 am Process for getting out is the reverse of getting in. It probably helps that I've got quite long legs.

UK cars have PPF or something on the section of the chassis from new.
The tape on the chassis is called either "Helicopter Tape" or "Bike Tape", and is used on the leading edges of the Helicopter Blades, and vulnerable parts of Mountain Bikes etc.

I bought some years ago, and it's easy to remove & reapply if you think it's starting to look scratched or scruffy, and it can also be applied to the suspension & steering rods, to prevent stone chips.

Just Google it for suppliers, like these ones available from Amazon.
Attachments
Helecopter or Bike Tape in various widths & lengths.jpg
Helecopter or Bike Tape in various widths & lengths.jpg (285.83 KiB) Viewed 2016 times

rider

Post by rider » Sun Jun 11, 2023 4:49 am

Great solution. Thanks for sharing. Will add to my notes.
-- Henry