Its a big hello from me

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Serkta

Its a big hello from me

Post by Serkta » Fri Mar 31, 2023 5:20 pm

Good evening, thank you admins for accepting me to the forum. I have moved from Audi (happy TTRS owner for many years) but the kids are older and driving now so moving to Ariel can be a reality and I am hoping to be a proud owner next week (if all stars align).

Clearly, I need to sort insurance and have gone to 2 (MCN & REIS (mainly as I am a stones throw from Goodwood and may want to do a track day or two)). I have spoken to the excellent Dave who was very helpful but I am waiting for the REIS quote so I have at least one comparison.

What is the current temperature for forum members in terms of other providers and the service you get and obviously price!

I will be changing the plate and have had a search for adhesive front plate, with no luck. Where do fellow forum members get theirs?

I am looking forward to getting stuck in :)

Many thanks, Raife
Red & Black 2009 Atom 3 standard 2.0l Honda engine plus some cosmetic goodies and a massive smile
My other joy is my Ducati 1299 Panigale

Live life now

8_enj

Re: Its a big hello from me

Post by 8_enj » Fri Mar 31, 2023 7:35 pm

Hi Raife,

Classic line are one of the cheapest for insurance try them also, are you getting a atom 4? As we have a whats app group with 80+ members from all over the world (mainly uk) that you could be added to.

Most people don't have front plates and i think the factory will make you one, or try ebay etc for self adhesive number plates.

911tom

Post by 911tom » Sat Apr 01, 2023 5:05 am

Classicline have always been brilliant for me. They include free trackdays for club organised days. Any other track day is around £60 to cover.

Definitely speak to Ariel about the plate. Again they are easy to deal with and won’t charge a lot for the plate. From memory they even sent instructions on how to fit it in the correct ‘factory’ position.

Atlarge

Post by Atlarge » Sun Apr 02, 2023 8:10 am

The other option for the front is the official license plate holder but I don't know if they are useful for plates of a regular size, though it depends on your car's setup etc.

Serkta

Post by Serkta » Thu Apr 06, 2023 9:38 am

Thank you for the tip on Classicline they were super competitive and being a stones throw from Goodwood I will have no extra insurance to pay for if I dabble in a track day.

What I am after is a self adhesive front number plate. My new plate is relatively short RXX XXX so may look to do it on 2 lines but not sure on the aesthetics.

The helpful proplates link doesn't make it clear if they do that or if they only do one line. Any pointers?

Toady is like Christmas Day as a kid as my baby is being delivered in a few hours :-)
Red & Black 2009 Atom 3 standard 2.0l Honda engine plus some cosmetic goodies and a massive smile

Live life now

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Thu Apr 06, 2023 2:24 pm

Congratulations !!

Exciting indeed :)
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

8_enj

Post by 8_enj » Thu Apr 06, 2023 4:29 pm

What atom did you end up getting?

Any pictures.

There are plenty of "number plate builders online, search show number plates and you can design them with a preview etc.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Serkta

Post by Serkta » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:25 pm

Hi, a 2009 Atom 3 (black and red). I can't work out how to add a photo!

Cheers, Raife

Live life now

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Fri Apr 07, 2023 1:41 pm

In a reply frame scroll down below the text window and you will see 2 tabs :

Options. Attachments.

Click on Attachments and follow the instructions - the picture will appear inline after you click submit.

Before adding the attachment ensure that you have positioned the cursor in the text box where you wish the image to be placed
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

Serkta

Post by Serkta » Sat Apr 08, 2023 11:33 am

thumbnail_IMG_8844.jpg
thumbnail_IMG_8844.jpg (444.25 KiB) Viewed 2848 times
Thank you autobackup. Looks like I picked a great weekend to become an Atom owner :-) Cheers

Live life now

8_enj

Post by 8_enj » Sat Apr 08, 2023 6:01 pm

Looks lovely enjoy it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk