New Owner - Northumberland Borderlands

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
pauldyson

New Owner - Northumberland Borderlands

Post by pauldyson » Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:48 am

Just picked up an Atom 4 yesterday. An amazing, if slightly chilling drive home from Autobahn in Hexham who gave it a once-over for me. There will be better days to drive it than in zero-degree temperatures!

I'm based up near the border with Kielder and the roads up to Jedburgh, Hawick and Selkirk in easy reach. Looking forward to getting out when the weather is a little more clement and the roads a little less 'exciting'.

barber 6

Re: New Owner - Northumberland Borderlands

Post by barber 6 » Tue Feb 14, 2023 10:19 am

I’m based in newcastle and mine is currently in the workshop being built, can’t be far off!
Attachments
E7323B08-7EF2-45B7-A495-B6D4F352686F.jpeg
E7323B08-7EF2-45B7-A495-B6D4F352686F.jpeg (429.57 KiB) Viewed 2005 times

Jamier27

Post by Jamier27 » Wed Feb 15, 2023 9:09 am

pauldyson wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:48 am Just picked up an Atom 4 yesterday. An amazing, if slightly chilling drive home from Autobahn in Hexham who gave it a once-over for me. There will be better days to drive it than in zero-degree temperatures!

I'm based up near the border with Kielder and the roads up to Jedburgh, Hawick and Selkirk in easy reach. Looking forward to getting out when the weather is a little more clement and the roads a little less 'exciting'.
Hi Paul,

Hope you kept it in low boost >:D

It dawned on me when we departed that you may not have had a helmet?! If not then yes it would have been bitter to say the least! I always try and avoid wearing a helmet unless using motorway tbh but I don't generally drive atoms when there is frost on the ground at 7am either. Certainly no chance of falling asleep at the wheel!

Also the car has been fitted with a lower profile aero screen so that wont help. Better for the shorter person but you may want to change to a stock one that is probably an inch higher. I have one spare in the garage I think but its all marked, you are welcome to have to try.

No doubt a few other NE owners will be along shortly.

Olnorth

Post by Olnorth » Wed Feb 15, 2023 10:41 am

Hey Paul,

I live not far from the borders just off the A68, and another local owner lives at Kielder. We both have Nomads though. There will be plenty of trips out over summer, and there is a pretty active group of Atom / Nomad owners around the North East as I'm sure Jamie mentioned.

Congrats on the car, it's a stunner.

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Wed Feb 15, 2023 7:26 pm

pauldyson wrote: Tue Feb 14, 2023 9:48 am Just picked up an Atom 4 yesterday. An amazing, if slightly chilling drive home from Autobahn in Hexham who gave it a once-over for me. There will be better days to drive it than in zero-degree temperatures!

Is it the black on black with lots of carbon and wings on it? Thats an awesome spec.

If you want you are off course welcome to join the whatsapp group with over 75 atom 4 owners

pauldyson

Post by pauldyson » Sat Feb 25, 2023 8:40 am

[mention]barber 6[/mention] Looking good. When you get it, give me a shout if you end up doing the Newcastle to Kielder run.

[mention]Jamier27[/mention] Cheers. I did have a helmet in the car but decided to try without it. Big mistake: 50mph was okay, 60mph was painful, 70mph was impossible. First time I've ever had to limit speed due to fear of frostbite!

[mention]Olnorth[/mention]. I've seen Nomads on the 6320 and Kielder Road a few times. Very much up for summer meet-ups and trips out.

Olnorth

Post by Olnorth » Tue Feb 28, 2023 11:18 am

That will have been us. Sure we will catch up sometime when you fair-weather Atom drivers start to get out ;D