Not yet there… but actively seeking !

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Chalky

Not yet there… but actively seeking !

Post by Chalky » Sun Apr 17, 2022 11:54 am

Hi, I’ve been directed across here from PH, I’m actively looking for something to replace a 911. I’ve been keeping tabs on the Nomad for sale section and on Ariel’s own site.

I’ve clocked the one at £56k on PH that’s for sale at a dealers, it seems well specced. It’s got the hand brake and some other bits. I’m not fussed about ordering new and waiting so I’m looking to buy used and will take my time till the right one comes along.

I have been told that a Gen2 version is in the offing and to wait till that materialises as the market will be flooded. I don’t know much about these things yet but know enough that a limited run of vehicles isn’t going to flood anything and that the manufacturer backs it’s own product enough to take back any owners vehicle in exchange for another new one when ever that may be.

I’m North Notts / S Yorks border. And if your reading this and are the guy that regularly rips thro Tickhill - Bawtry then any chance of a cabbie.
All I know is that I want one !!
I’ve yet to actually go in one ?

Hello any way, looking forward to finding out all I can about the vehicle and hopefully pick one up in the not too distant.

Thanks.

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: Not yet there… but actively seeking !

Post by John Scherrer » Sun Apr 17, 2022 1:17 pm

I’m not sure Ariel offer a part exchange service but someone else may know .. ?

In any case, welcome and good luck with the search!
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Chalky

Post by Chalky » Sun Apr 17, 2022 5:54 pm

Hi, thanks.

I thought They had a web site that sold only Ariel cars and the odd bike ? Or is that a 3rd party intervention.

I spoke to some one at Ariel a while ago and they advised that I keep an eye on the site for something used.
They may well buy back select vehicles or may well have in the past but maybe they don’t do that now.

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Mon Apr 18, 2022 7:06 am

They do have a “Used” section where they sell either their own demonstrators or mostly customer cars/bikes on which they charge commission.

They will prepare them for sale, replacing any worn components etc. and charge any costs to the seller.

You can be very confident that they are in perfect condition.

Should you be interested in any other used examples sold elsewhere, if you give them the VIN number, the factory are very happy to tell you if they have serviced it or know the car’s history and will tactfully let you know if it should be a good one or best avoided.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Chalky

Post by Chalky » Mon Apr 18, 2022 10:09 pm

Thanks again, I will bare that in mind.
Ideally I’d like to purchase that way so as to try and buy a solid well maintained example.

That makes sense, selling thro that means ensures originality and at least a factory ready vehicle with hopefully a bit of a warranty.
I’ll run any potential purchase thro the same channels also.

Thanks

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Tue Apr 19, 2022 11:44 am

You may not want to wait until the factory advertises a car, as not many come up and they that do get snapped up very quickly, sometimes even before they are advertised. You may want to:
a. Let the factory know what you are looking for so they can keep an eye out for you. (I was looking to change my Atom 3 for a 4 and last week asked the factory if they knew of any coming up for sale. I'm glad I did because they had just built a new factory demonstrator, and they have put my name down for it when they have finished with it this season.)
b. Source one privately, but agree as a condition of sale, that it goes through the factory for a service and anything that needs doing. It's how I bought my current Atom (and will most probably be how I sell it) and I know it has worked for quite a few others.

Good luck.
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

NuttyNat

Post by NuttyNat » Tue Apr 19, 2022 1:33 pm

Spoke to Ariel about Gen2 last year when deciding to get mine SC or not. Man maths said it made sense to put deposit on Gen2 and wait so I did that. Something they did say was values don't get hit when new versions come out (like Atom 4) as it create new demand and not everyone is patient enough.

Good Luck with hunt...... off to pick mine back up from factory later this month with SC fitted, ok I am not patient either :-)

Mutley

Post by Mutley » Thu Apr 21, 2022 8:01 am

Hi Chalky, Was considering possibly selling my Nomad this summer, but hadn't decided for certain. Have PM'd you.

Chris