More Track than Road

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
No1Dave

More Track than Road

Post by No1Dave » Fri Feb 04, 2022 5:55 pm

Good evening all.

Following the realisation that, due to noise restrictions, my opportunity to use my current "road car for the track" are limited to only Donnigton on an unsilenced day; I have decided to sell that car and get a "track car for the road" that won't trip the DB meter at every circuit.

I also found myself in a juxtaposition of having a car that I really wanted to push on track but couldn't risk making a mistake and the repair bills, tyre and brake costs that go with owning something Italian.

I have therefore convinced myself that not only is an Atom the car for me to fix this dilema but actually instead of going for a newer model (I looked at a 3.5R with just 432 miles on and mentioned it in the for sale forum earlier), I think I want a supercharged 2.

If I am making any incorrect assumptions or should be warned off a supercharged 2 to use more often on track than road, I look to your guidance to steer me in the right way.

Hopefully I will be greeted with thumbs up and I can push on in the search and start enjoying some track time again. :vroom: :vroom: :checkeredflag:

Thanks in advance and looking forward to joining the community.

Hedge

Re: More Track than Road

Post by Hedge » Fri Feb 04, 2022 8:41 pm

I penned a response to this earlier. So I thought.

Anyway.

An SC 2 is a great choice, if you're going track only. I've owned 4 Atoms iterations & I can honestly say that the 2 is the most raw/ engaging version (track wise) I ever had. And I did a few track days, all told.

Do it.

Cheers,
Hedge

No1Dave

Post by No1Dave » Sat Feb 05, 2022 12:00 pm

Thank you for the response. There is one on eBay for 32k was 30k before Christmas that I am off to see tomorrow. It has been personally maintained for the past 4 years, but thought processes was to get it down to Ariel for a full check over and service if I get it. £975 plus the vodka and tonic to give it a warts and all check over for piece of mind.

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Sat Feb 05, 2022 2:38 pm

No1Dave wrote:Thank you for the response. There is one on eBay for 32k was 30k before Christmas that I am off to see tomorrow. It has been personally maintained for the past 4 years, but thought processes was to get it down to Ariel for a full check over and service if I get it. £975 plus the vodka and tonic to give it a warts and all check over for piece of mind.
I would recommend getting the factory to look it over and put everything right as a condition of sale. It is how I bought my Atom, and it had been looked after by the factory every year.

If the car has been properly maintained then the owner should be comfortable with this, but I wouldn't be surprised if it needs a few thousand spent on it.

It has been for sale for quite a long time and the no offers would put me off. Personally I'd put a wanted ad on here instead...

Sent from my SM-G998B using Tapatalk

2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Sat Feb 05, 2022 6:56 pm

They come up, you just need patience. Not easy that bit, I know...

Cheers,
Hedge