New user...on the hunt...Atom 2 owners chime in!

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
LLBenJ

New user...on the hunt...Atom 2 owners chime in!

Post by LLBenJ » Tue Dec 07, 2021 4:13 pm

My wife and I recently retired from the USAF and I've moved back to my home state of Idaho. An Atom has been on the bucket list for decades and I'm now on the hunt for one/educating myself on the platforms.

The cars have become a little more difficult to find on the used market and I'm considering building a DF Goblin, to ease the need, if the hunt doesn't pan out.

I recently found a used 2006 Atom 2 and working with the dealer now. The registration process in Idaho is "more firm" so the car will need a windshild, wiper and other associated equipment to meet requirements.

Any Atom 2 users please chime in on where/how I could source these parts for an early Atom. Thank you.

Ben

Winmoz

Re: New user...on the hunt...Atom 2 owners chime in!

Post by Winmoz » Wed Dec 08, 2021 6:13 am

Ben,

Welcome to fold.

With the advent of the Atom 4, factory support of the older models is, perhaps, a little less of a focus right now, given constrained supply chains etc. That said, as they see cars for servicing all the time, it may be worth contacting both the US and the ‘mother’ UK factory to see if they know of any supplies.

If not, then the options are really second hand via forums or through non OEM suppliers. As always caution from the buyer is a must if going down this route.

And finally, you may find it easier to source a 3 or 3.5 with the required additions as there are simply more about.

Hope the search goes well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#BananAtom

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: New user...on the hunt...Atom 2 owners chime in!

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Dec 08, 2021 10:31 am

I believe the US factory - TMI - have retro-fitted the full windscreen to the US Atom 2 - as Winmoz says, give them a call.

Here's some relevant previous posts discussing the Windscreen on an Atom 2 that may prove useful :-

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16734&p=284775

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=16182&p=277162

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=15858
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold