A long wait …..

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
dogz

A long wait …..

Post by dogz » Sun Aug 29, 2021 8:13 pm

Went down to Ariel on Wednesday, as we were close and on holiday in Bath. Went out with Ben in an Atom 4 with 350 bhp and it was immense. I’ve got an S1000RR and the punch appeared more ferocious than that.

Order placed so only 27 months and c26 days left to wait until delivery.

They were really helpful in terms of discussing options but I still have 1.5yrs to decide 😃

CharlesM505

Re: A long wait …..

Post by CharlesM505 » Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:47 pm

Welcome! I know the feeling, placed an order earlier this year in April and then went out with Ben later in June. Certainly gives something to look forward to. Same time of 28 months to wait...

I have found the Facebook group really useful as well, it's good hearing back from those who already have them - definitely has helped decide on a few options which may be good such as extra cooling.
Wait list for Atom 4, Lotus Exige 420

robfitz

Post by robfitz » Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:39 pm

You’ll get a few Christmas cards along the way 👍

Will be 34 months for mine assuming it comes start of October. Worth the wait though.
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

dogz

Post by dogz » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:58 pm

CharlesM505 wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 1:47 pm Welcome! I know the feeling, placed an order earlier this year in April and then went out with Ben later in June. Certainly gives something to look forward to. Same time of 28 months to wait...

I have found the Facebook group really useful as well, it's good hearing back from those who already have them - definitely has helped decide on a few options which may be good such as extra cooling.
Yeh - they mentioned extra cooling would be a good option to go for if you do any track days

I had also decided that I wanted the lightened flywheel which I was told its great with the sequential box but a waste with the manual. Now the deposit is placed I'll start pulling together a better spec and throwing a few questions on here and to the factory if required. It was a nice change to having a honest feedback on initial thoughts of options rather than, "yes sir - great choice and may I also recommend ...."

I'll definitely join the FB group as well :)

dogz

Post by dogz » Mon Aug 30, 2021 6:59 pm

robfitz wrote: Mon Aug 30, 2021 3:39 pm You’ll get a few Christmas cards along the way 👍

Will be 34 months for mine assuming it comes start of October. Worth the wait though.
Bet you are counting down the days if its due Oct!!! ;)

Preseh

Post by Preseh » Mon Aug 30, 2021 11:14 pm

Congrats! The wait is agonising but so worth it. Be prepared to change your spec multiple times. As time went on I ended up with more and more things ticked on the options sheet 😂🤦‍♂️

robfitz

Post by robfitz » Tue Aug 31, 2021 7:34 am

A lightweight flywheel is always worth it BTW.
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

Winmoz

Post by Winmoz » Sat Sep 25, 2021 8:17 am

The time will fly by*!One thing I found super useful was joining the club. Lots of archive information and some real world contacts for advice and a chat. Plus an insurance discount, which was nice.

*this may not be entirely true, depending on your velocity and perspective

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
#BananAtom