About to get my new Atom 4! (US)

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
X25

About to get my new Atom 4! (US)

Post by X25 » Mon Dec 21, 2020 8:41 am

Hi everyone!

After waiting on it for almost 2 years, I am finally about to get my Atom 4 built. Can't wait to get it and start testing it out!

Based on our experience with my brother's Atom 3S we got earlier this year, I've ordered 17x8, 17x10 wheels, and plan to try it out with 225 / 275 Hoosier A7 tires at the track. Besides the tires, race pads, and track alignment (likely somewhere around -3 camber all around), I am hoping this car will be good for the shakedown event. We had the wheel bearings fail on the Atom 3S, but TMI's uprights for the Atom 4 seem to be much beefier, so it will hopefully survive.

Can't wait to see how it does!

The car will look like this, minus Öhlins, and with black chassis. Compared to the Atom 3S's aero package, this one looks quite more functional!!

Here's my other track build. I'm dying to see if I can match and/or beat my numbers with the Corvette..
https://www.corvetteforum.com/forums/c7 ... 1598485649

Captain Proton

Re: About to get my new Atom 4! (US)

Post by Captain Proton » Tue Jan 19, 2021 3:18 am

Nice. Where in the US? I heard that a baffled sump and heat management upgrades are really necessary for the Atom 4 and should be considered necessary as opposed to upgrades if you plan on tracking your toy. I went and upgraded my entire fuel system to include an aftermarket ECU so I could run flex fuel. IMHO, E85 is one of the best track day upgrades you can make to your Atom.