New member!

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
alfiethrelfall5

New member!

Post by alfiethrelfall5 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:17 am

Hi everyone! New to this forum and excited to get into it. We’ve got an Atom 2 supercharged, had it since 2008, we used to use it a lot but soon got pushed to the back of the garage which is where it didn’t belong. In lockdown we got it back out and started using it again. We gave it a full service but couldn’t find the specific drive belt for the car, it still has its original one from 2005 on it!
We recently booked a track day at brands hatch for my brothers I30n and my dads Nissan R35 Track Edition. When we got the Atom working we had to get it on track. I drove it from us in Somerset all the way to Brands via Oxford for a meeting ;D when we got there we were running with full slicks, the car was amazing overtaking everything. On one of the last runs of the day the drive belt went, shredded half of it. We risked driving it home but on the m25 the rest of it shredded off. We managed to coast off the motorway and into a village where there was 1 garage within a 3 mile radius. The guy running it was very helpful and managed to locate a belt that we thought would fit, it went on but the car isn’t running right. We want to get the correct drive belt for the car, does anyone know the size or anywhere to get it? The factory is my best bet but just curious if there is any other manufacture of it?
Thanks!
Alfie

phil4

Re: New member!

Post by phil4 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:45 am

Hi Alfie, welcome and glad you got the car on the road.

If I understood your post correctly it sounds like you're in Somerset, and while I understand it's a large county, you're closer to the factory than almost all of us. I'd suggest giving them a call, and I'm sure they'd be able to help, not just with the size of the belt but sending you one and if you wanted, them fitting it (you sound like you're handy with spanners so doubt you need that).

Glad you got to enjoy it, and hope that continues.

Sledgehammer

Post by Sledgehammer » Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:26 am

Hello,

Gates 7PK1325

Sebastian
Atom 2 Supercharged - Atom Club Germany

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:31 pm

Rather strange route to take to Brands Hatch if you started in Somerset and routed via Oxford - unless, of course, you needed to visit Oxford for some reason?

It surely would have been quicker via the A303, M3, M25(south) - going via Oxford would have added many miles!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

travelbug63

Post by travelbug63 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:38 pm

Welcome Alfie.

I must say it must be a fairly impressive garage where you can have an Atom that just get's "pushed to the back of your garage".

Now it's back out, enjoy
Atom 4, Jaguar I Pace, Honda cr-v (dog carrier), Mini JCW (wife's)

alfiethrelfall5

Post by alfiethrelfall5 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:26 pm

Sledgehammer wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 11:26 am Hello,

Gates 7PK1325

Sebastian
Thank you very much!
Will get one ordered asap.

Alfie

alfiethrelfall5

Post by alfiethrelfall5 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:28 pm

phil4 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 10:45 am Hi Alfie, welcome and glad you got the car on the road.

If I understood your post correctly it sounds like you're in Somerset, and while I understand it's a large county, you're closer to the factory than almost all of us. I'd suggest giving them a call, and I'm sure they'd be able to help, not just with the size of the belt but sending you one and if you wanted, them fitting it (you sound like you're handy with spanners so doubt you need that).

Hi!
Yeah I’m only 30 mins from the factory, I should get into contact with them.
Alfie

Glad you got to enjoy it, and hope that continues.

alfiethrelfall5

Post by alfiethrelfall5 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:28 pm

autobackup wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 1:31 pm Rather strange route to take to Brands Hatch if you started in Somerset and routed via Oxford - unless, of course, you needed to visit Oxford for some reason?

It surely would have been quicker via the A303, M3, M25(south) - going via Oxford would have added many miles!

I had to go to oxford for a meeting, it added a few hours on the trip for sure!

alfiethrelfall5

Post by alfiethrelfall5 » Thu Jul 09, 2020 8:30 pm

travelbug63 wrote: Thu Jul 09, 2020 3:38 pm Welcome Alfie.

I must say it must be a fairly impressive garage where you can have an Atom that just get's "pushed to the back of your garage".

Now it's back out, enjoy
Currently building an electric hill climb car weighing only 300kg... like a hardcore atom (if that’s such a thing) will post pics and details when we finish building it :tu:

travelbug63

Post by travelbug63 » Wed Jul 15, 2020 8:17 am

Wow, look forward to seeing that. Good luck on the build
Atom 4, Jaguar I Pace, Honda cr-v (dog carrier), Mini JCW (wife's)

mt-evo

Post by mt-evo » Sun Jul 19, 2020 12:30 pm

Unfortunately the 7PK1325 was too short. It seems to be around 1360mm long. We've emailed the factory with our VIN to get the exact part. Apparently there's been many variations over the years. Lets hope we can get one in time for a planned road trip on Wednesday.