Hello!

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
MummyDust

Hello!

Post by MummyDust » Tue Jun 30, 2020 8:52 am

Hello!

I’ve finally fulfilled a dream of mine by purchasing an Atom and as I’m sure I’ll have many questions I thought I’d join the club.

Hopefully I’ll get to meet some of you guys over the coming months at meets and track days. I’ll be easy to spot, just look for the frightened bald man!

phil4

Re: Hello!

Post by phil4 » Tue Jun 30, 2020 9:27 am

Welcome to the club!

Do tell us more about your new purchase, and also where you are... there's quite a few meetups starting to be organised.

MummyDust

Post by MummyDust » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:17 am

Hi there,

It’s a 2009 Atom 300 and I collect it this weekend. It belonged to a forum member I think, but I haven’t worked out how to link to the thread it’s mentioned in. I’m getting it from Jon Seal so I’m confident I’m in safe hands.

I’d planned to buy one a couple of years ago but I didn’t have anywhere suitable to store one so I bought an Elise instead. To be honest I really don’t want to sell the Elise, I love it to bits, but I’ve wanted an Atom for so long I just had to try one. Hopefully I’ll love it!

I’m based in Cambridgeshire. I think there’s an Atom quite local to me, it’s the only one I’ve ever seen on the road.

Anon

Post by Anon » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:27 am

MummyDust wrote: Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:17 am Hi there,

It’s a 2009 Atom 300 and I collect it this weekend. It belonged to a forum member I think, but I haven’t worked out how to link to the thread it’s mentioned in. I’m getting it from Jon Seal so I’m confident I’m in safe hands.

I’d planned to buy one a couple of years ago but I didn’t have anywhere suitable to store one so I bought an Elise instead. To be honest I really don’t want to sell the Elise, I love it to bits, but I’ve wanted an Atom for so long I just had to try one. Hopefully I’ll love it!

I’m based in Cambridgeshire. I think there’s an Atom quite local to me, it’s the only one I’ve ever seen on the road.
Congratulations! I am almost certain you will love your new car, it's unlike anything else you will likely have driven. Even open cockpit race cars, it is very different.

I am in Norfolk close to Norwich so not far from you. We have a couple others near by also, so should arrange a meetup. My car goes back to the factory next week for some bling, then it's being detailed and other stuff done. So by 17th July or so I will be game for some meetups! :tu:

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:28 am

Congrats!

If you are not on the facebook group, take a look.

There is a growing posse in both the Midlands and East Anglia.

:tu:

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Tue Jun 30, 2020 10:46 am

It used to belong to Cutch ..

viewtopic.php?f=33&t=17859&p=298866&hil ... al#p298866

Here's his opening thread when he originally purchased the car :-

viewtopic.php?f=1&t=17146#p288841
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

MummyDust

Post by MummyDust » Tue Jun 30, 2020 11:04 am

Thanks for the warm welcome everyone, I’ll post some pictures when I pick it up.

Simon, I’m near Wisbech so not far from you at all. Definitely game for some meet ups this summer.

Karl, thanks for the recommendation, I’ll check the Facebook page out.

John, that’s the one. Thanks for that, I’ll have a good read.

I’m off to Donington on the 13th so planning a brake fluid change before then. Can anyone tell me how much I’d need? I’ve got a couple of litres of RBF600 laying about that I use in the Elise. Would that be suitable?

Cheers!

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Wed Aug 12, 2020 9:10 am

you a Ghost fan then?

MummyDust

Post by MummyDust » Thu Aug 13, 2020 7:42 am

I am, yes! Well spotted!

I’ve had so much going on since I introduced myself here that I’ve not had a chance to update the thread. I’m so pleased with my Atom, it really does live up to all the hype. I was expecting the performance to define the car but surprisingly it doesn’t. The overall experience-the exposure, noise and overall sense of occasion-is what makes it so special I think. I’m sure it’s a cliche, but it just puts a great big smile on my face every time I drive it. I’m now spending an unhealthy amount of time looking at the Atom 4 options list...

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Thu Aug 13, 2020 8:12 am

If you are at a loose end next Sunday and fancy meeting up with 10 other Ariel cars, feel free to join us...

:)

viewtopic.php?f=63&t=17960

thomasholmes265

Post by thomasholmes265 » Tue Aug 18, 2020 4:46 pm

Hello,

I have an Atom and I'm not far from you in Cambridge

I dont know of any other Atoms in Cambridge so it would be good to get some of us together some time

My next outing with the car is the Classic Affair event in Hemingford Grey on 5th Sept

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Anon

Post by Anon » Tue Aug 18, 2020 7:21 pm

[mention]thomasholmes265[/mention] We have about 10 cars I think now meeting up on Sunday 23rd August for the first East Anglia Breakfast/lunch run. We meet just south of Ipswich if you are interested? One of the guys plans to bring his KTM XBow and we may see an Ariel Ace as well, should be good fun.

thomasholmes265

Post by thomasholmes265 » Wed Aug 19, 2020 4:27 am

@simonrhart

I did see this event on the Facebook page

Unfortunately I'm unable to make this date, but hopefully I'll be able to tag along to the next East Anglia meet

Sent from my SM-G973F using Tapatalk

Anon

Post by Anon » Wed Aug 19, 2020 9:37 am

I just saw Karl replied with a similar message. No worries mate, hopefully next time. Originally we thought, maybe we will get 5 cars interested because historically the club has been popular mostly in the SE of England from what I understand. Then we got to 10 cars so it's a pleasant surprise. We will have loads of video footage and pictures we will share!