Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Perc

Post by Perc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:36 am

Cheshire based newbie here & subscribed to the Forum.
Currently have a Clio Rs200 in full track trim, and looking to replace with an Atom 3.5 SC in near future.
Have been a biker since 16, but decided this year I would bite the bullet and get an Atom as I've always thought they would provide the thrills that a bike does, in a slightly safer manner ;D

Perc.

Karl V

Re: New Member

Post by Karl V » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:40 am

Welcome aboard [mention]Perc[/mention]!

I got into Atom ownership through the car being a safer choice than a bike (at least, that's how I sold the idea to my wife).

You'll soon get into the 'helmet or no helmet' debate I'm sure ;-)

Perc

Post by Perc » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:46 am

Cheers KarlV....hopefully the Atom will provide the thrills that my last bike (Ducati V4S) did....especially around Oulton Park. The V4S was quite something to hang onto. The Clio Rs200 is good fun, and pretty safe to drive...but it just lacks those odd heart stopping moments that a bike does, if you know what I mean :)

phil4

Post by phil4 » Tue Jan 14, 2020 10:48 am

Nice bike... The Atom is totally different.

You'll have a lot of fun, and if you need heart stopping, just leave the braking later :)

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Tue Jan 14, 2020 11:59 am

Welcome. Lots of good info on here and this can be a good time to buy an Atom - there is 2012 3.5 on Pistonheads for £40k for instance. Don't discount the Atom 3 either, they are very similar to the 3.5 and most of the parts can be upgraded very easily.
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

Badders

Post by Badders » Tue Jan 14, 2020 12:32 pm

Welcome fellow biker. I took delivery of my Atom last year, for the same reasons as you... yes, the thrills are definitely there!
I had a Clio RS200 as well, absolutely brilliant little car.

Karl V

Post by Karl V » Sat Feb 29, 2020 9:41 pm

Welcome [mention]MartinsAtom[/mention]!

You're joining just at the right time. It'll soon be non-stop road trips and meet ups ;-)

Hopefully we'll catch you at a gathering soon...