Greetings from the US

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
LateBraking

Greetings from the US

Post by LateBraking » Sun Mar 24, 2019 4:15 am

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hello. This forum is more UK Atom owners focused from what I hear, but I wasn't able to sign up properly for the other forum (is it dead?) and I just wanted some Atom friends, so I figured why not sign up for both? ;D Just got a Atom 3 recently, picking it up next week, excited to join the Atom owners family. I'll have a few questions from time to time (for now primarily involving retrofitting a few options that didn't come on my Atom) so I hope you guys don't mind the questions or the ignorance too much. Greatly looking forward to the whole experience. Cheers!

P.S. Am I registered properly? I thought I saw something about having to verify my email but I never got an email requesting verification, just wanted to check. ^-^

Fastlane

Re: Greetings from the US

Post by Fastlane » Sun Mar 24, 2019 9:52 am

Welcome. The forum seems to be waking up as Spring arrives here in the UK, along with the Atoms and Nomads. Lots of good info on here - I have used the search function a lot since buying my Atom in September.

You know we have to have pictures, don't you!
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Sun Mar 24, 2019 2:57 pm

Hi LateBraking, Welcome. This is a good place to be, as you will find a lot of information on the forum, as well as being able to advise owners this side of the pond of any upgrades to your Atom. I am sure your going to enjoy the car, theres nothing like it

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:23 pm

Hi LateBraking...

Given this is the official place to be, you're always welcome! Yes there may be a UK bias given that's were we are administering the club from but we are trying to get more of the US guys on board so feel free to pitch in, ask questions and just generally hang out with us all!

I haven't heard or seen anything from Atomchat in a fair old while. It may be still ticking about but we are certainly doing all we can to keep the club relevant and up to date so use the events section if you're having a meet up, chuck some local stuff up for the US guys and treat the place like home.

All questions welcome of course!

Alex
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

LateBraking

Post by LateBraking » Thu Mar 28, 2019 9:51 pm

Thanks for the warm welcome y'all! I've been asking a few questions on Facebook as well but both are great resources.

Just picked up the car yesterday and drove it for the first time (and again today, I could not resist) so yes, a picture is due! :D

Nick C

Post by Nick C » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:38 am

welcome friend across the pond.. and what a lovely colour your beast is !!! ;D

Nick C

Post by Nick C » Fri Mar 29, 2019 11:40 am

and roll over hoop as well... is the "bolt on" type or fully welded....?

I am considering a bolt on, (easily removable) for track days.

LateBraking

Post by LateBraking » Fri Mar 29, 2019 5:49 pm

Its a bolt-on type but honestly, I use it as a hand-hold to help me get in and out of the car as well. I can't imagine removing it because it is not intrusive otherwise. Just sits there. Haha.

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Sat Mar 30, 2019 4:32 pm

You need to get yourself some LED indicator/side/tail lights! https://www.ebay.com/itm/LAND-ROVER-DEF ... SwQPlV~OY3

I have them fitted to my car. Took a couple of hours.
Attachments
IMG_20190329_154920.jpg
IMG_20190329_154920.jpg (3.07 MiB) Viewed 1450 times
IMG_20190329_123559.jpg
IMG_20190329_123559.jpg (2.58 MiB) Viewed 1450 times
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range