New member - Atom 2

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
VickersUK

New member - Atom 2

Post by VickersUK » Mon Mar 18, 2019 7:37 pm

Just saying Hi! Bought an Atom 2 last month with a few niggles, so ended up stripping it to a bare chassis and going to have it powder coated. It’s had some previous poor welding as a result of vibrations that I want to have redone prior.

I have paid the subscription so hoping to get access to the club room soon 👍🏻

Thanks,
Tom

smokin

Re: New member - Atom 2

Post by smokin » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:03 am

Hi Tom and welcome. I've been through the strip, recoat and rebuild myself. Time consuming but a great feeling when done. Pics throughout the rebuild would be nice - have fun

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Tue Mar 19, 2019 9:07 am

Hi Tom, welcome and congrats on the purchase. Once you've fished it, you won't be disappointed!

I'll check your membership status and see if you've been granted access.

Any questions just ask and it's also worth searching for the post smokin did on his rebuild. Great detail there for you.

Alex

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Tue Mar 19, 2019 12:28 pm

Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Tue Mar 19, 2019 2:43 pm

Good to hear some tired 2's getting some TLC.

Welcome to the club. :tu:
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

Fastlane

Post by Fastlane » Tue Mar 19, 2019 4:03 pm

Welcome Tom. I bought my 3 300 in September and after driving for 1500 miles over 6 weeks whilst the weather held, have spent the last few months with it up on axle stands as I carry out a few jobs to get it up to 100%.
2008 Supercharged Atom 3, Tesla Model 3 Long Range

VickersUK

Post by VickersUK » Tue Mar 19, 2019 6:20 pm

That’ll be the first post I’ll read once I’ve got access to do so :tu:

I’ll start my own build thread with photos to keep everyone posted. Found a few horror stories and already spent a small fortune on parts, can’t believe the cost of some bits. I’ve worked in the bike & car industry for 12ish years and find it frustrating not being able to purchase some bits direct and being forced to go through Ariel due to exclusivity agreements, and paying the premium (silicone hoses, Alcon... etc).

I had a couple of weeks to enjoy it, but as an ex-experience day car it’s suffered at the hands of some mechanically unsympathetic drivers and it’s just very tired.

The frame is basically ready for powder coating but I am going to have some previous frame repairs redone as they don’t look like they have been done anywhere close to Ariel’s standard! I hope to have it back on the road for this summer :vroom: