Another future owner based in Surrey

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
travelbug63

Another future owner based in Surrey

Post by travelbug63 » Sun Jul 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Well, I've done it, I've only gone an ordered a new Atom 4 :D , although it looks like I'll be having to wait a long long 16 months. Ordered and paid my deposit first day of Goodwood Festival so am guessing the wait for some others maybe even longer.

I'm based in Reigate, Surrey and I'd be very interested in knowing if there's anyone around this area and whether there are any meets coming up ?

Cheers
Atom 4, Jaguar I Pace, Honda cr-v (dog carrier), Mini JCW (wife's)

Som

Re: Another future owner based in Surrey

Post by Som » Sun Jul 22, 2018 4:54 pm

Congratulations. I reckon at 16 months you may be one of the early recipients.
I have put my name on the list as well but just couple of days ago. It's going to be a 18-22 months wait for me.
What did you think of the one on display at Goodwood? Is it going to change somewhat during actual production?

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:37 pm

Welcome to the Forum Travelbug and congratulations on placing your deposit on the new '4' !

The wait can seem endless under these circumstances - some can't wait and it's quite common for them to acquire a used car and then sell it on nearer their build slot ..

You should be able to meet up at some events and get some passenger rides to keep your spirits up!
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

R0880

Post by R0880 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 7:28 am

Hi there

We took delivery of our 3.5 about 4 weeks ago after putting down a deposit at FoS last year.

Having a blast with the car we are based in Epsom and look forward to meeting up with you in a year or so.

Regards

Robbo

travelbug63

Post by travelbug63 » Mon Jul 23, 2018 6:48 pm

Evening all, yea SomI thought the waiting list might get longer once it was shown in the flesh at FoS. That's why I ordered at 09:30 on the Thursday morning. I thought it was a lovely looking car and well put together, other than the suspension I thing it was a fairly standard car.

RO880 how lucky have you been with the weather, I guess it's been getting some use. Look forward to meeting up at some point.Strange question, but did you used to have a Tuscan ?

R0880

Post by R0880 » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:46 am

Yes indeed the weather has been brilliant, although no fun if sat in traffic in the full sun!

Never owned a Tuscan, M3, R4, Elise yes but alas no Tuscan.

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Tue Jul 24, 2018 10:51 am

Great decision - Atom 4 does look great - I had a sit in it and play around at the factory last Saturday and its definitely a nice evolution of the 3.

I am a Nomad owner (now after 3 Atoms) - based in Newdigate - so very near ! Always keen for a blast when u get it !

Trigger

travelbug63

Post by travelbug63 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:05 am

Look forward to catching up some time Trigger.

Reading MotorSport magazine this month, it looks like they'll be bringing in a more powerful version as well early next year....Which is nice ;D

wasp

Post by wasp » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:07 am

travelbug63 wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 10:05 am
Reading MotorSport magazine this month, it looks like they'll be bringing in a more powerful version as well early next year....Which is nice ;D
Any chance you can scan in the article or give some details of the extra power please?

Cheers,
Stu

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:08 am

My Nomad won't be miles away, either (near Haslemere)

Cheers,
Hedge

travelbug63

Post by travelbug63 » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:41 am

Not that easy to scan but it says

"Ariel has confirmed to me that by the time customer deliveries begin in the spring,an even more powerful version that is the true replacement for the supercharged car will have been developed and that an even crazier iteration than that is in the pipeline, albeit at some distance removed"

Also read somewhere they'd taken 50 orders at FoS by Saturday afternoon

wasp

Post by wasp » Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 am

Thanks for that, it's helpful :tu: :tu:

I signed up earlier in the year so will be looking at a Spring delivery but wouldn't want to take delivery before there is a bit of a power hike.

As I was going for a 3.5R, I really want 350ish bhp, or a tad more if they are able to unleash a few more ponies!

Cheers,
Stu

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:43 pm

Good info there on the 4.

Cheers :tu:
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 2:59 pm

wasp wrote: Fri Jul 27, 2018 11:57 am Thanks for that, it's helpful :tu: :tu:

I signed up earlier in the year so will be looking at a Spring delivery but wouldn't want to take delivery before there is a bit of a power hike.

As I was going for a 3.5R, I really want 350ish bhp, or a tad more if they are able to unleash a few more ponies!

Cheers,
Stu
I wonder if the power hike will be as simple as another map, and priced accordingly or whether it'll require new internals, cooling etc.

I guess where the current 4 already has coolers, it becomes a bit more interesting, and not so black and white like the 3.5-3.5R

Peter255

Post by Peter255 » Mon Jul 30, 2018 3:31 pm

Other sites for the civic suggest ~40+BHP from just a remap without other changes.

I'll be peeved if a LOT of new components are need for more power due to the Atom packaging. It depends on the "headroom" with the Atom install. Hopefully the inlet, intercooler, exhaust etc is up to the task of a remap to 350 at least. The civic apparently is, fingers crossed.

350 is a nice number. I'll be happy with that! >:D

The 400R can have new i/c, larger turbo, injectors, different inlet, different zorst etc etc. :o
Atom 4, Clio v6, & some other cars obviously.