New Member from Isle of Skye, Scotland

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
SKYEATOM

New Member from Isle of Skye, Scotland

Post by SKYEATOM » Mon Jan 01, 2018 5:12 pm

Hello All! I'm a proud new owner of a Supercharged 320 Ariel Atom 3. I am based on the Isle of Skye and would love to hear from folk 'up North' who meet for runs etc.
I have some novice questions to ask but I'll try and find the appropriate forum!
Thanks

Alex Brandon-Smith

Re: New Member from Isle of Skye, Scotland

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Mon Jan 01, 2018 6:01 pm

Welcome SkyAtom, nice work on the purchase!

There is certainly a northern chapter so I'm sure someone will be along shortly! In fact, there is planning in place for a bit of a Border Blast in May so some of us shandy drinkers might be up your way then! Keep an eye on the events section of the forum.

In the meantime, any questions, feel free to ask!

Alex.
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

fb.george

Post by fb.george » Tue Jan 02, 2018 11:53 pm

Skyeatom
Must just give a plug for Morar Motors at Mallaig. Last May did the clockwise tour up from Lochgilphead, aiming for Mallaig, the plan being to see my secretary who has moved to Skye recently, then get up to Applecross, round the top via Bettyhill, then back through the Grampians on the Military Road. Home for me is Cumbria.
Day 1, got to Lochgilphead, started to rain stairrods, and smacked a rock at the side of the road. 90 miles short of Mallaig. Kept going, as was following a pal.
No idea how but made it, to find a hole in the sidewall and a chip from the Dymags. Wrote off the rest of the trip, but through my secretary was told of Morar Motors.
Next morning gingerly trundled the Atom 3 Miles. Got her there. The fellas could not have been more helpful and, what is more, had a brand New set of T1R’s in stock. Which they fitted in time for me to catch the 9.40am ferry. And only charged £172 the pair.
Absolutely brilliant and saved my trip for which I will always be grateful.
Will give you a shout when next up. Which part of Skye. You have fantastic roads to play on!
All the best
FB
Ps the Dymag was subsequently written off so feel rather lucky it didn’t fail on me!

dunny

Post by dunny » Sun Mar 25, 2018 11:27 am

hello skyeatom
I did the east coast 500 last September, awesome, even in the rain! I've lived in Scotland for 36 years and i have no idea why i have not done it before now! Her indoors wants to visit Skye as we didn't get chance last year.I will get in touch and we can meet up if you wish. I originally come from Cumbria like fb.george. 2 Cumbrians on your doorstep an awesome responsibility!!