Hello I'm Tuscan, New member to the Atom Club

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Tuscan

Hello I'm Tuscan, New member to the Atom Club

Post by Tuscan » Sat Aug 26, 2017 12:04 pm

Hello all,

I am a fellow Atom enthusiast from Marlow, Buckinghamshire. I've been into motorsports for some years and always had a soft spot for the Ariel Atom. I moved away from cars and on to motorbikes over the last 5 or 6 years, but recently i have been missing tinkering with a car and have fallen in love with the Ariel Atom all over again.

I've been searching the internet for Atoms, finding out all the information i can about them and their powertrain and looking at ways to finance my own beast so i am starting a saving account soon to put money towards buying my very own, it's going to be a long road, but i am determined to own my very own Atom!

A little about me: I run a YouTube channel called TuscanMoto, it's about my journeys on my motorbike and the random things i see on my travels which i sometimes capture on video and upload, YouTube was the place where i met a member of the Atom Club, his channel is called TerrorStain, i had a lot of questions about running the Atom and , the gentleman who owns it was kind enough to answer all my questions and point me in the direction of this forum!

I enjoy making videos and video editing/Graphics so i have invested in a new iMac and all the software needed to keep me happy tinkering in digital media so if anyone has any video editing questions let me know, i'm more than happy to help! I also enjoy riding my 2017 Kawasaki Z900...but i have been missing the feel of a car for some time.

I previously built a Mk5 Fiesta ZS up to track spec with the help of some friends, but unfortunately i had to let it go. I have also helped friends with engine conversions (Puma engined Mk5 Fiesta) etc so you could say i enjoy helping others if they need a spare set of hands! I used to be into the ford scene heavily but i'm a bit more open minded these days and have been more attracted by the more "extreme" type of cars.

Well thats me, if anyone is local to my area give me a shout, you may even see me riding around Marlow/Henley area..in fact... i did see a very nice Atom with Aero kit driving down Marlow high street a few times, i wonder if the owner is part of this forum!

Hope you are all well, and that you enjoy the sunny bank holiday weekend! :checkeredflag:

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: Hello I'm Tuscan, New member to the Atom Club

Post by John Scherrer » Sat Aug 26, 2017 10:14 pm

Hello Tuscan and welcome to the forum !

There's quite a few Atom owners who post on YouTube (some on here) ..

Thanks for telling us your story, hopefully you can meet up with someone local to you and get a passeneger ride to confirm your need for an Atom !

Have a great weekend yourself ..
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:04 am

Welcome Tuscan. It's always good to have a plan and you won't be disappointed with the Atom. It is everything everyone says it is!

Any questions, ask away of course.

All the best

Alex
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

911tom

Post by 911tom » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:30 am

Welcome aboard Tuscan. I'm local ish to you (aylesbury direction). Would not have been me though as I can't think I've ever taken the atom to marlow. I did drive it through wycombe on Friday. Great intro to the group too!
Ariel Atom 4 350hp
Porsche 996 turbo for straight line speed
350BHP Astra van
Porsche cayenne to transport the family

Tuscan

Post by Tuscan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:41 am

[quote="John Scherrer"]
Hello Tuscan and welcome to the forum !

There's quite a few Atom owners who post on YouTube (some on here) ..

Thanks for telling us your story, hopefully you can meet up with someone local to you and get a passeneger ride to confirm your need for an Atom !

Have a great weekend yourself ..
[/quote]

Good morning John,

Thank you for the warm welcome!

I actually drove one yesterday at Longcross proving ground in Surrey, my other half bought me a driving experience last year and i've only just claimed it with 6th gear driving experiences.

Weather was good luckily so i made the most of the day!

Driving the car confirmed what i imagined it would be like, an amazing experience for sure. This particular Atom was a little bit worn and was showing its age but the engine power delivery was immense despite the fact i was only allowed in 4th and 5th. I'm not sure if i was driving the N/A version or the SC version, i think i had the N/A version because i didn't hear the typical atom whine from the supercharger, regardless, i was smiling from ear to ear when i got out of it at the end!

I purchased the footage but unfortunately something went wrong and i don't think they actually recorded the laps i did as the USB stick i was given didn't have the session on there, i think i will try and get a refund for that or see if they are able to recover it somehow.

I did get some pictures from the day so i've attached one below, one thing i can tick off the list, i've driven my dream car.....now to own one! :vroom:
Attachments
TRC_Atom.jpg

Tuscan

Post by Tuscan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:43 am

[quote="Alex BS"]
Welcome Tuscan. It's always good to have a plan and you won't be disappointed with the Atom. It is everything everyone says it is!

Any questions, ask away of course.

All the best

Alex
[/quote]

Thank you Alex, I'm sure i will have lots of questions as i get to grips with it all, thanks for the support :)

Tuscan

Post by Tuscan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 9:47 am

[quote="911tom"]
Welcome aboard Tuscan. I'm local ish to you (aylesbury direction). Would not have been me though as I can't think I've ever taken the atom to marlow. I did drive it through wycombe on Friday. Great intro to the group too!
[/quote]

Hi! I'm familiar with Aylesbury's roads as i took my bike test with On Yer Bike. It's a lovely area!

If you do decide to head over Marlow way let me know i can show you some of the local roads, there's a nice one heading from Stokenchurch to Marlow and then from Marlow to Henley.

Also some scenic shots to take videos and pictures as it's by the Thames. :)

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sun Aug 27, 2017 1:21 pm

Gosh that car you drove has seen some action. The nose cone looks home-made ..

Bubbles suggest it's an Atom 2, but the tall rollover hoop suggests it's an Atom 1.

Can't believe they only let you use 4th and 5th !

Atom 3 has 6th too, but it's still only 20mph/1,000 rpm.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Tuscan

Post by Tuscan » Sun Aug 27, 2017 7:44 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]
Gosh that car you drove has seen some action. The nose cone looks home-made ..

Bubbles suggest it's an Atom 2, but the tall rollover hoop suggests it's an Atom 1.

Can't believe they only let you use 4th and 5th !

Atom 3 has 6th too, but it's still only 20mph/1,000 rpm.
[/quote]

Yeah it was partially held together by zip ties, I knew i would only be allowed 4th and 5th but it was fast enough to make me ignore the gauges and concentrate on the road ahead so i must have been holding a fair pace!

I'm not going to complain too much, i had a go in an Atom, thats good enough for me... for now!

911tom

Post by 911tom » Mon Aug 28, 2017 7:47 am

[quote="Tuscan"]
[quote="911tom"]
[/quote]

Hi! I'm familiar with Aylesbury's roads as i took my bike test with On Yer Bike. It's a lovely area!

If you do decide to head over Marlow way let me know i can show you some of the local roads, there's a nice one heading from Stokenchurch to Marlow and then from Marlow to Henley.

Also some scenic shots to take videos and pictures as it's by the Thames. :)
[/quote]

Sure will. Some photos along the river would be cool. I was in marlow yesterday having lunch in the Britannia, not in the atom though unfortunately.
Ariel Atom 4 350hp
Porsche 996 turbo for straight line speed
350BHP Astra van
Porsche cayenne to transport the family

Tuscan

Post by Tuscan » Mon Aug 28, 2017 10:46 am

[quote="911tom"]

Sure will. Some photos along the river would be cool. I was in marlow yesterday having lunch in the Britannia, not in the atom though unfortunately.
[/quote]

Aaaah yes the Britannia, It's quite a nice pub since they re done it, there's a hotrod club that holds meets there from time to time.

I'm going out for a ride this morning to get some footage for next weeks video upload, enjoy your bank holiday!
Last edited by Tuscan on Mon Aug 28, 2017 3:36 pm, edited 1 time in total.

russty_james

Post by russty_james » Tue Aug 29, 2017 9:56 am

Hi Tuscan,

I live not far from Stokenchuch and would happily take you out in the Nomad if you wanted to try the other side.... I could always meet you there sometime!

Tuscan

Post by Tuscan » Tue Aug 29, 2017 5:23 pm

[quote="RU55 COS"]
Hi Tuscan,

I live not far from Stokenchuch and would happily take you out in the Nomad if you wanted to try the other side.... I could always meet you there sometime!
[/quote]

Hi RU55,

I don't want to sound to excited but....when and where!?  :tu: ;D

jpswift

Post by jpswift » Wed Aug 30, 2017 8:05 am

im near high wycombe too

prob me posing down marlow high st  ;D :vroom:

should arrange a little blat before the weather turns proper shite...............
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

Tuscan

Post by Tuscan » Wed Aug 30, 2017 11:59 am

[quote="justin swift"]
im near high wycombe too

prob me posing down marlow high st  ;D :vroom:

should arrange a little blat before the weather turns proper shite...............
[/quote]

Hi Justin,

Yeah i recognize the helmet from your profile picture!  :roflp:

I'm well up for that if the weather is good, there's a nice cafe in Liston Court just off Marlow high street where we can grab a coffee and lunch too if you fancy it!

I'll send you and RU55 a PM tonight with my details so we can stay in touch, anybody reading this is welcome though if they fancy it?  ;D