Hi from Denmark

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
NickDenmark

Hi from Denmark

Post by NickDenmark » Mon May 08, 2017 3:15 pm

Hi all.

Having recently sold my Lancia Delta Integrale 8v. 312hp@1108kg. Owned for 12 years. A car that was loved and drove like hell.

Currently in the process of opening my own micro brewery in Copenhagen. Selling my apartment to raise funds and trying to free up time for the project. And that old Lancia has taken several thousand of hours and many many xx.xxx of £ over the years.

So hoping that an old dream of owning an Atom will be more trouble free and less time consuming.

I had a blast of a drive in a 300hp Atom back in 2009 at Sturup Raceway in Sweden. Rather funny - because I got a drive in it, and a good chat with the owner. Because on the track, he couldnt loose me. And I drove a slow Saxo 8v - with a sticker in the back saying: Caution - Driver just dosnt give a sh1t anymore. Caugt him in every corner. Was a good laugh for the spectators.

Since that day I have dreamt of owning one. Was also so lucky to drive one 220hp on track in Maspalomas in Gran Canaria last year.

Am currently skimming the market, and hoping to make a fair buy later this year. Aiming for the 245 or 300 version.

Regards

Nick from Denmark
Attachments
IMG_20170105_151723.jpg
lancia-delta-integrale-8v.jpg

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Re: Hi from Denmark

Post by John Scherrer » Mon May 08, 2017 4:01 pm

Hello Nick!

Nice to hear from you and your interesting business venture in the world of brewing.

With an Atom and a brewery you have everything you need  ;D

Hopefully you won't need to wait too long before you can be driving your own Atom.

Welcome to the forum!
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Mon May 08, 2017 6:36 pm

Welcome Nick. I used to regularly be in Copenhagen with clients but alas not so much these days! It's a shame as I would have happily had a tour of the microbrewery! I hope you manage to find what you are looking for. There aren't many around at the moment but keep looking. There is a 3.5SC up at the moment on the forum here but it will be RHD.

Any questions, feel free to ask!
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

NickDenmark

Post by NickDenmark » Mon May 08, 2017 7:33 pm

Thanks both of you.

As I have a former career as a mechanic, I could be looking for cars in the lower price range, as I would not mind some work being carrried out by myself, if it reflects the price.
Not looking for a bargain, just fairly priced condition in mind.

Been reading and dreaming in this forum for maybe 10 years. But now it´s time  ;D

My brew plant is being shipped these days. Expect it arriving June and first brew ready a month after. Has been taking some medals in the Danish National Brewer Competition the last years. So my practice is okay.

Yep have seen that 3.5SC. Good value for money. But maybe I am better off with a 245 for a start, and then upgrade later. Time will show.

A friend import a lot of cars from the US. Honda engines usually is pretty bulletproof. If he fell over an Atom over there, is the building quality of the Chassis and the ECOtech engines bad?

Cheers

gavstoke

Post by gavstoke » Mon May 08, 2017 7:55 pm

Hi Nick,
As an ex Atom owner I can say that, compared to my current toy..........a 4.2 TVR Cerbera, the Atom is like the most trouble free motoring nirvana! I always had mine serviced at the factory, admittedly, but in my 3 years of ownership I had no issues at all. I would recommend an Atom to anyone, without hesitation!.............sometimes the dream can be a massive disappointment in reality.......not so Atom ownership, in my experience!
Good luck in your quest.

Cheers,
Gav

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Wed May 10, 2017 11:10 am

Hi Nick

If you'd like inspiration, check this out... http://one.npr.org/?sharedMediaId=499205761:499297694
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

NickDenmark

Post by NickDenmark » Fri Jan 12, 2018 8:05 pm

Well bit of an update from me...
Drove from Copenhagen, Denmark this Friday morning 0630. Now I have reached Dunkerque / Dunkirk in France waiting for the ferry at 2030.
Picking up my first Atom in Dover tomorrow :) Taking away a kind man called Nathans Atom, maybe some of you know him.
But Im kind as well, so bringing 2 boxes of my own beer from my brewery to him.

I will make another post regarding getting the Atom legal in the EU countries. And hope to gather a lot of information on the subject, to the help of many. Im not sure I can get it legal in Denmark, but the odds with me. For sure is, an Atom newer than 2012 can never be legal in Denmark. Since it lacks brake assist, which is normally incorporated in the ABS / Anti locking brakes.
I expect it will take 1-2 years and enourmous amounts of hassle.

Regards Nick

https://imgur.com/a/koKJP

https://imgur.com/a/koKJP

phil4

Post by phil4 » Sun Jan 14, 2018 10:24 am

That's great news! Hop you have lots of fun with it, and don't forget to tell us all about it.