Hi Guys - New Member Scotland

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
rjygill

Hi Guys - New Member Scotland

Post by rjygill » Wed Nov 30, 2016 3:02 am

Hi Guys,

Taking delivery of my Atom in the spring of 2017.  Will be driving it home to Aberlour in Scotland. 

Planning buying a few GSA 1200s (BMW dual purpose touring bikes) and setting up a company for touring the NC500 (North Coast 500).  Aberlour could be a good jumping off point for any adventurous drivers interested in completing this newly launched drive.

Regards,

Rob.

Craig Sams

Re: Hi Guys - New Member Scotland

Post by Craig Sams » Wed Nov 30, 2016 7:40 am

Welcome to the club, Im sure you will enjoy your Atom. We are based in the NE, one of the Great North Atom Chapter. The NC500 is on our list of must do's...

GraemeW

Post by GraemeW » Wed Nov 30, 2016 8:27 am

I did the NC500 in May.  Absolutely brilliant.  Cant recommend it highly enough.  I think that trip in a Nomad would be awesome.  A bunch of Nomad owners should do that trip before the route gets too popular.  You can do it in an Atom, but some of the roads would be quite hard work in an Atom.

Northnoble

Post by Northnoble » Sat Dec 24, 2016 9:59 pm

Hi Rob,

I live down in Broughty Ferry and did the NC500 in my Atom this year....superb (especially as I was really lucky and got great weather).

Can't recommend it enough....however the low driving position does impact visibility on some of the roads on the far West Coast!! 335 miles on the first day...mostly full on just about killed me....was knackered!

Razzele

Post by Razzele » Tue Jan 10, 2017 12:38 pm

Hi from Edinburgh

Let us know how the drive home goes, it snowed for mine

:vroom: