New prospective owner from Blackpool

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
PAJ

New prospective owner from Blackpool

Post by PAJ » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:10 pm

Hi guys, I don't yet own an atom, but while my saving project continues, I though I'd come here to try and learn what I can about this intriguing little car. Sure, there are endless videos and road tests, but little information online, even on Arial's own website that can me understand the differences between the models available at the moment.
      I've been a biker for many years, and I'm lucky enough to be able to drive more or less whatever I want on most days of the year. I'm bored by normal cars, and like the stripped back raw performance of the Atom. I like the fact that the car will be a talking point wherever it goes. I wish I had the money now, but I'm working on it :)

So, get ready for loads of stupid questions, like : do the seats fill with water when it rains ?

Paul

MrLizard

Re: New prospective owner from Blackpool

Post by MrLizard » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:42 pm

Hi PAJ, welcome to the forum

The seats and the tub where your feet go have a hole in the bottom so it drains quite well, I must admit to being more of a fair weather atom driver but have cleaned it religiously and got caught in a thunderstorm on the M5 two weeks ago, completely fine :)

The different models of atom I think are:

Atom 3.5
245bhp NA engine
310bhp Supercharged engine

Atom 3.5r
Same engine as above but
350bhp supercharged/charge cooled with side pods

The factory are really helpful on the phone as is the forum - bit of a trek but get yourself down there - once you have had a go the saving project will get a lot larger priority :)

PAJ

Post by PAJ » Sun Jun 14, 2015 4:59 pm

Yeah, I noticed that they're nice enough at the factory, they didn't even dig for my details, but readily send emails with pricing and offered for me to go down there. I will go down, it's no problem. I have a good job, but these things aren't cheap cars :(
    I had a Factory built Westfield once, and I was less than impressed with the vehicle, it's design, and build quality. Arial's factory reminded me of Westfield's, but you can't tar everyone with the same brush. The Atom will likely cost 3.5 times what the Westfield did :)

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:49 pm

The Atom is a crackin car to own, i had an Atom 2/160 and loved it but now got to save for a new Atom 3/245 after i have sold my Porsche Spyder, it is not easy waiting but my car will come in at over 50K with some nice bits on it. for me it has to be just as i want it or not at all but that is just me. that is what car OCD does for you.
I had a Caterham but not a Westfield but the Atom I found far superior to the Caterham in build quality
Last edited by Rocket Man on Sun Jun 14, 2015 5:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.