New member near Cirencester

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
jbmxx

New member near Cirencester

Post by jbmxx » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:22 am

Hi everyone, I'm new to the club so thought I'd introduce myself - I've ordered a new 245 which should be ready around May this year.

I got into Atom ownership via RGB racing - I'd built a car and had great fun racing but sadly couldn't nearly enough time off work to be able to continue. I decided to go back to doing track days with a road-legal car and after a test drive was sold on the Atom, the 245 version was really close to my RGB car in sound and feel.

I won't bore you with the entire spec but I've gone for most of the items required for a road-legal track day car, bigger brakes, adjustable dampers and so on. I've also spec'd the windscreen ( :H: ) and side panels as I've been hit with debris on track many times and wanted something to hide behind!

Anyway I'm really looking forward to getting the car, hopefully I'll also get the chance to meet up with some like-minded enthusiasts during the year.

In the meantime, I'll apologise in advance for any stupid questions I ask on the forums! All the best, John

Sir Nick

Re: New member near Cirencester

Post by Sir Nick » Wed Mar 04, 2015 9:57 am

Welcome John!  You're in for some fun.  I'm not too far away in south glos so we should hook up sometime.  I often have a blast out to the AV8 cafe, in fact the sun is out so I'll be heading up there later.

Cheers

Nick
Atom 3.5R, Black+Red flashes, CF front & rear wings, CF bonnet & mud guards.  Bristol

Kezzie

Post by Kezzie » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:07 am

John,

Welcome on board :tu:
You'll find we're a friendly bunch here so ask what ever you and I'm sure if it's technical our resident Atomwiki expert, John, will answer them in depth :wize:
You'll also find that there are quite a few owners in and around your area, Bristol, Yate, Glos etc. I'm based near Bath for instance and get out and about when the weather permits.
We as a club also have a big get together in September which includes a convoy drive in and around the Cotswolds by the looks along with a track day at Castle Combe :vroom:
As for your spec including the windscreen and side panels, we don't judge people based on their lack of cahonies or vainness at all :roflp:
As Nick has just said, (whilst I was composing this reply :embarassed:) I too get to the AV8 cafe occasionally so maybe you could pop along too when we're there.
In the mean time, enjoy the wait as best you can :pop:

Adrian

jbmxx

Post by jbmxx » Wed Mar 04, 2015 10:12 am

Hi Nick, thanks for the welcome - I often use AV8 myself, I'm only about a 15min drive from there. Sadly I'm on standby today so need to stay close to the house, otherwise I'd take a drive out to meet you. Anyway I'm sure there'll be plenty more opportunities in the summer (I've placed an order for a nice one!)

Hi Adrian, thanks also for the warm welcome - looks like the Atom is going to seriously improve my social life!

If either of you (or anyone else) is planning on a run to AV8 then please let me know, it would be great to meet up.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:28 pm

Welcome, May will be here soon.... And what a great time to get a new car like the Atom.

I'm a bit further out, being South Oxfordshire, but still at least in the general vicinity :)

Have fun and see you around I hope.

Chris410

Post by Chris410 » Wed Mar 04, 2015 8:04 pm

Welcome to the fold. I haven't heard of the AV8 Cafe before but often head to Cirencester for a run out.

I'm off work tomorrow, the weather forecast is good and a run in the Atom is a better option than DIY on the house.

I think I will have to stop at the AV8 for a cuppa.

jbmxx

Post by jbmxx » Sun May 03, 2015 12:09 pm

Many thanks to all for the welcome to the club - I picked the car up just over a week ago, absolutely delighted with it and looking forward to using it a lot. Here's a photo of me looking very smug in the car after the drive home from the factory: (for those who don't like windscreens, I suggest you avert your eyes!)

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sun May 03, 2015 3:20 pm

Car looks great !

I have the choice of removable windscreen option too and think it looks good with or without ..
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Tue May 05, 2015 1:39 pm

Welcome to the club :tu: car looks great...with or without the bug catcher......Just make sure you have cover for it...not cheap to replace! and Hang back from wagons on the B road...or anything for that matter, its low down enough to catch most of what gets flicked up from the rear of other vehicles....and dogs and fast running cats and mice... ;D