Hello again - 7 year absence, sorry

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Adam Yorkshire

Hello again - 7 year absence, sorry

Post by Adam Yorkshire » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:41 am

Hello everyone

I just wanted to introduce myself to the club again after having 7 years off. I did own an Atom between 2005 - 2007 and it was the best 3 years of motoring I have ever done.  Here are a couple of pics of my old Atom.  I also have some pics of a few driving events with the Atom Club in London, I will just have a look and find them.

Image[/URL][/img]

Image[/URL][/img]

Image[/URL][/img]

Anyway, at the time I had to sell it due to life, new kids etc getting in the way and I have regretted selling the Atom almost everyday since.  But the good news is that I am coming back to Atom ownership!!! YIPEEEEEE!

With the clever use of man maths and a professional utilisation of smoke and mirrors, I have managed to convince the misses that getting another Atom is financially viable and is needed like many other basic life supporting functions.

Unfortunately, it will be second hand this time but once I sort out my final budget I will be looking to buy a car in the next month or so.  Sooooo cannot wait.

Anyway, good to be back.

Adam

Alex Brandon-Smith

Re: Hello again - 7 year absence, sorry

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Sun Jan 18, 2015 9:54 am

Congratulation Adam, always good to see people come back into the fold. Obviously the grasp of smoke and mirrors is still sufficiently impressive that you get another bite at the cherry! Well done. Sure we'll get to see you soon. Depending on budget, I know Andrew300 is selling his SC at the moment...

Alex
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

Adam Yorkshire

Post by Adam Yorkshire » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:29 am

Here we go, a couple more pics from the past:

One with the club..

and one being cold..

Anyway, I am after a supercharged car this time but I suspect I might not be able to afford an Atom 3 300.  My budget will most probably be around £30K +/- a few grand.  But I will see how many kids shoes I can sell in the next few weeks.

dc5ian

Post by dc5ian » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:34 am

the cold one looks a lot of fun :OT:

good luck with your search

Adam Yorkshire

Post by Adam Yorkshire » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:37 am

Out of interest, i suspect my budget will put me in the possible Atom 2 supercharged  and Atom 3 245 bracket.  I really want a supercharged car this time but I do hear that some significant changes have been made to create the Atom 3.

Which car would you go for? ???

The obvious answer would be get a Atom 3 and upgrade it when I get some more cash, however, if the question was you can only stick with a Atom 2 supercharged or Atom 3 245, which would you get and why?

dc5ian

Post by dc5ian » Sun Jan 18, 2015 11:42 am

buy a atom 245 and turbo charger it... small turbo, good tune and the power delivery will be the same as a supercharger with the added benefit of boost by gear.

van man

Post by van man » Sun Jan 18, 2015 1:30 pm

sell the kids & buy a new atom 3 s/c

Adam Yorkshire

Post by Adam Yorkshire » Sun Jan 18, 2015 3:16 pm

I have thought about selling the kids or at least getting them working on chimneys to fund an upgrade but for some unknown reason the misses said no; there are some things I will just never understand about her.

As for turbos, I am generally not a fan.  I just love the drama of a supercharger.

van man

Post by van man » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:45 pm

save the kids,sell the misses

jordan12

Post by jordan12 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 6:59 pm

Evening Adam and welcome back
Put my 2011 310 SC up for sale last week. It's mentioned on the Forum unders Atoms for Sale. It's also on Pistonheads. Worth mentioning only you may find a buyer for the kids!

Adam Yorkshire

Post by Adam Yorkshire » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:40 pm

Hi Paul

Thank you, I have seen your car on pistonheads and it looks great.  I am working through possibilities at the moment but my gut feeling is that it maybe outside of my price range.  Thank you for the heads up however.

jordan12

Post by jordan12 » Sun Jan 18, 2015 7:43 pm

Cheers Adam, please let me know if you need more information
Will PM you with my mobile#

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Mon Jan 19, 2015 4:14 pm

Atom 3, 245, all day.

Just my 2p's worth.

Cheers,
Hedge

Adam Yorkshire

Post by Adam Yorkshire » Mon Jan 19, 2015 6:59 pm

I will have a look at the forum to get the answer as I am sure there has been this discussion before, but is the Atom 3 really that different to the Atom 2?

My Atom 2 was brilliant fun but I struggle to see how a non SC car will be more fun that a SC car.

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Tue Jan 20, 2015 8:40 am

NA sounds better, IMO. Gimme the howl of the Vtec vs the whine of the SC any day. You can use more of its power, too. With the SC you only use a tiny amount of it on the road; even on track you have to be judicious with the throttle on a charged car.

A lot of it is to do with bragging rights & the Top Gear factor too, I think.

Cheers,
Hedge