New member looking for some help

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
K20A2

Re: New member looking for some help

Post by K20A2 » Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:45 pm

What about a chain lock?
I mean you could lock a wheel to the chassis or you could even lock the chassis to e.g. a lamp pole to protect the Atom from being stolen. (would also prevent from rolling away instead of handbrake ;) )

This example is about 1.7m long. Not very cheap to be honest and would add about 5.7kg of weight, but very strong and you could perhaps store it behind the seats or in a bag fixed to the chassis. Just an idea...

http://www.abus.com/eng/Mobile-Security/Motorbike-Scooter/Lock-chain-combinations/Granit-Extreme-Plus-59
Last edited by K20A2 on Mon Jun 23, 2014 9:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Tue Jun 24, 2014 5:26 am

I was going to use a bike-lock to lock my helmet to the chassis.  Locking the chassis to a lamppost, like a push bike just goes a step further.  Will look odd though.

MrLizard

Post by MrLizard » Tue Jun 24, 2014 8:28 am

I think it would make more sense to lock the wheel to the chassis, im not overly paranoid about leaving it places, just worried some kid 'could' jump in take the handbrake off and take it out of gear....

It wont be used as a daily driver or anything but it would be nice to know i could leave it in the shop car park once in a while...

MrLizard

Post by MrLizard » Sat Jun 28, 2014 8:54 pm

anyone have an opinion on how tricky it would be to alter the suspension post build and how good the standard spec is?