Potential Newbie

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
baja1969

Potential Newbie

Post by baja1969 » Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:05 pm

Hi Forum,

I'm a potential new Atom owner, I've got my eyes out for a atom 300, I currently have a VX220 turbo stage 2 with a lot of chassis/suspension mods to make her a great track day car.

I was at oulton park in July and shared a garage with an atom owner and after helping him out with a little issue of a missing oil filler cap he took me for a few hot laps in his super charged atom.

Now my VX220 is no slouch 1:58 round oulton park but his atom was mental, got the bug there and then but didn't really fancy getting rid of the VX, so with that in mind at that time i decided to keep the VX and spend a bit more money to make her a bit quicker, however once i looked at the costs of going from stage 2 240bhp to stage 4 330bhp I didn't fancy throwing another £6K at the VX, money i would never get back.

I know my VX will fetch about £13K as it stands so i intend to advertise it then once sold use this money plus another £12k or £13K to get in to a decent spec atom.

so i hope to be an owner in the next few months, any advice on what not to buy or what is the best spec or year of car to buy would be much appreciated.

the car will purely be a track day bitch trailered to and from the track so even a stolen recovered or CAT D wouldn't put me off.
Last edited by baja1969 on Tue Nov 12, 2013 6:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.

van man

Re: Potential Newbie

Post by van man » Tue Nov 12, 2013 9:30 pm

hi again.
                New oil filler cap now fitted  (£23 from Honda)
                There is a 09 plate cat d atom for sale at  copart.co.uk  (Chester branch)
                It made £4750 today but did not sell
                Needs a few bits & damage to frame
                It is in next Tuesday auction 

Atom 3 s/c (300hp) & Berlingo van (75hp)

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Tue Nov 12, 2013 11:42 pm

" .. needs a few bits and damage to frame .."

See Reply #50

http://www.atomclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,14749.msg261974/topicseen.html#msg261974
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

van man

Post by van man » Wed Nov 13, 2013 7:37 am

ok, maybe needs a lot of parts not just a  few

baja1969

Post by baja1969 » Thu Nov 14, 2013 8:56 am

look like a lot of frame damage as well so will give this one a miss, the cost of sending it back to the factory for repair would take it out of the ball park for me anyways.

Thanks for the replys though I'll keep searching.

wattie

Post by wattie » Thu Nov 14, 2013 3:09 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]
" .. needs a few bits and damage to frame .."

See Reply #50

http://www.atomclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,14749.msg261974/topicseen.html#msg261974
[/quote
You'd have to be Stevie Wonder to buy that!!!
Cheers Wattie