Potential Newbie

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
randlesf

Potential Newbie

Post by randlesf » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:18 pm

Hi all,

I am looking to become an Atom owner sometime in 2013! I currently driving a Supercharged Elise, but recently did a Palmersport day, and fell in love.

I have a trip to the 'Ring' in June followed by a trip around the Alps in the Elise. But when I return, I will be looking to sell the Lotus and begin the search for an Atom.

I have always been in to bikes, but following several accidents, and subsequent broken bones etc. I decided to buy a car which would give me the same buzz. The Lotus has been excellent, with the scream of the supercharger totally addictive, but since driving the Atom at Palmersport, the Elise now seems tame.

So anybody wishing to sell their Atom, from mid-June onwards, please get in touch. I will be looking for something in the sub 30k bracket.

Hope to see more of you all soon.

Fred

benyeats

Re: Potential Newbie

Post by benyeats » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:32 pm

Get an Atom now and take it round the alps.  You won't regret it.

Ben

p.s. welcome to the forum

randlesf

Post by randlesf » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:35 pm

Hi Ben,

Thanks for the reply, the plan is to get an Atom in the summer, and do a second euro trip in September, or maybe the scottish highlands.

Fred

wattie

Post by wattie » Thu Apr 11, 2013 5:53 pm

Hi, good luck with the search. loads of advice on here.....on all areas of Atom ownership.

Fab car so get yourself in one pronto!

cheers Wattie

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Fri May 03, 2013 7:26 pm

Previous owner to this one on piston heads was festidious about his car and I believe it's fully paint shield protected also.....this would be my car of choice at the moment.

http://mobile.pistonheads.com/;s=nfcg-CCdBovMZyk-6__wSQ03/classifieds/used-cars/ariel/atom/ariel-atom-3-other-british-2008/1021626

It's been advertised a few times since the last owner (mark harries?) had it. Maybe they'd take a sensible offer?

Welcome to the forum

Stew >8-D

randlesf

Post by randlesf » Sat Jul 06, 2013 5:35 am

Hi Everybody,

I am no longer a potential 'Newbie', I have committed to buying the Blue Atom on Pistonheads;

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ariel/atom/ariel-atom-3-300-supercharged/1495835

Paid the deposit yesterday, need to arrange the insurance this week and hopefully collect at the end of the week. I am looking forward to meeting other owners over the coming weeks and months, and maybe a few drive outs. I live in Chester, and quite often head into North Wales for an early Sunday morning blast.

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Sat Jul 06, 2013 7:31 am

congrats, will you be taking it to the Atom cup race at Oulton park next weekend??

Alex Brandon-Smith

Post by Alex Brandon-Smith » Sat Jul 06, 2013 8:52 am

Welcome Fred, you definitely won't regret it. It's an absolute scream and the guys in the AAOC are a great bunch. Had mine for a year now and it's the best thing I've ever done in terms of motoring. Enjoy and see you soon I'm sure!

Alex
310=325! That'll be the Presidential Remap kicking in... :vroom:

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Sat Jul 06, 2013 9:29 am

:vroom: bargain! - stunning car from the pictures on PH.  Careful with the loud pedal....at least you'll have some blinding weather to enjoy it this weekend.
Don't forget your sunblock. Keep it on the black stuff

Stew

speedmachine

Post by speedmachine » Sat Jul 06, 2013 11:59 am

That car looks really good for the price! That's less than what i paid for a 2 supercharged last year..
Atom 4 on its way, GR Yaris for the wet days

randlesf

Post by randlesf » Sun Jul 07, 2013 2:42 pm

I am planning to collect the car on Friday, and drive it from Cumbria to Chester, taking in some of the roads off the M6.

I agree about it being a bargain for a 3 and supercharged. One of the previous owners has posted a lot about it on this forum, so its been interesting reading about when he first collected it from the factory. I have also seen a few clips of the first owner with the car on YouTube.

I may well call in to Oulton, as its only 10miles from me. of course weather permitting.

hiewyj

Post by hiewyj » Sun Jul 07, 2013 4:17 pm

Fred,

Welcome to the forum.

What could be better - Atom ownership and 26 degrees of sunshine......enjoy :)

wattie

Post by wattie » Sun Jul 07, 2013 5:50 pm

Yeah great car, enjoy!
Cheers Wattie

randlesf

Post by randlesf » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:18 am

I am off to collect the Atom today. Sooo excited, getting the 10am train from Chester to Carlisle, should arrive at the garage for 12:15, then a nice spirited drive through the Lake District and on to Chester.

Drinks

Post by Drinks » Fri Jul 12, 2013 6:34 am

Great stuff, don't forget your camera what a fantastic Atom driving day enjoy it. Will keep my eyes peeled for you round Chester.