painfull wait

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
pete300

painfull wait

Post by pete300 » Sat Oct 17, 2009 11:03 pm

I just wanted to say that i ordered my atom in june and it is a painfull feeling know i still have roughly another 14 months to wait for it, anyone else suffering this to?

Heywood-Yablowme

Re: painfull wait

Post by Heywood-Yablowme » Sun Oct 18, 2009 1:27 am

Longest I waited for any of my Atoms was one week. Sorry. For some people it adds to the ownership experience.For me,it would be 14 months without an Atom. ;D

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:28 am

Pete, yep it's hard at times but with hindsight it goes quicker than you think- try to get to some trackdays/ road meetings to get to oggle and ride in this amazing machine  ;D

sebby

Post by sebby » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:20 am

I ordered mine in June last year and I am taking delivery on 19 December.
In fairness the first few months are bad, then you just get on with your life and occasionally think about it. Then when you finally get the call to say that they're ordering your chassis you have around 10 weeks of sleepless nights. The anticipation is, at times, too hard to bear.
62 days - 1 hour - 35 minutes to go

Ged

Post by Ged » Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:23 am

Well I got mine on the 5th September after 20months & 23 days so there's patience!  But it's sure worth any wait!

jonny

Post by jonny » Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:22 am

As sebby said you stop thinking about it so much after a while. But the wait does give you plenty of time to watch the thousands of Atom videos on youtube and to play with the configurator in Excel  :)

I imagine its when you get a couple of months from delivery that the sleepless nights kick in ...

Its exactly 1 year since I ordered mine, so it should arrive around the time the Mrs hits 40. Who can beat that for a 40th birthday present ?

pete300

Post by pete300 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 12:15 pm

I think i've watched every video on you tube and looked at every picture to decide how i finally want it built but would also like some feedback as to how others have had there's built and what you would recomend to me as a must for my atom, as far as going to track days seeing others having enless fun bombing round the track would either send me into a deep depresion or breaking down in tears lol.

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:24 pm

I managed to get quite a few runs in various owners' cars on track and road- at Bedford, Boxhill x2, central London and of course the factory

Thanks guys  :tu:

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Sun Oct 18, 2009 4:28 pm

[quote="sebby"]
In fairness the first few months are bad, then you just get on with your life and occasionally think about it. Then when you finally get the call to say that they're ordering your chassis you have around 10 weeks of sleepless nights. The anticipation is, at times, too hard to bear.
[/quote]

Sebby, that's a very precise date for collection- I thought things like the IVA can make exact collection dates hard to predict?

pete300

Post by pete300 » Sun Oct 18, 2009 7:04 pm

If there's any one out there that would be kind enough to invite me to a track meet and take me out in there car then that would be most appreciated, im not to far from bedford so that would be easy for me to get to, also would be nice to get some advise of other owners.

sebby

Post by sebby » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:40 pm

[quote="George S"]
[quote="sebby"]
[/quote]

Sebby, that's a very precise date for collection- I thought things like the IVA can make exact collection dates hard to predict?
[/quote]

Yes it is. I hope I'm not wrong, but I'm assuming that it will be about accurate because I will be a month and a half over my expected due date. We'll see I guess..

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Mon Oct 19, 2009 6:43 pm

Fingers crossed then  8)

sebby

Post by sebby » Mon Oct 19, 2009 9:21 pm

[quote="George S"]

Fingers crossed then  8)
[/quote]

Pretty much everything crossed