Hi to one and all

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
DADOH

Re: Hi to one and all

Post by DADOH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:11 pm

Seems that the clio at least in v6 form is considerably slower round the top gear track?

http://www.bbc.co.uk/topgear/show/powerlaps.shtml

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 6:13 pm

[quote="John H"]
all of these are sat outside my warehouse now and all will be gone by the end of next week...................how depressing.
Looking forward to cycling though I must say.
[/quote]

John, are you getting rid of the scoob already, you've only just got it, any probs with it?

John H

Post by John H » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:09 pm

[quote="George S"]
[quote="John H"]
all of these are sat outside my warehouse now and all will be gone by the end of next week...................how depressing.
Looking forward to cycling though I must say.
[/quote]

John, are you getting rid of the scoob already, you've only just got it, any probs with it?

[/quote]
absolute pile of crap on a track basically..........shocking understeer, 8 mpg and a 700 brake upgrade still only lasts about 2 laps before they stop working.
It's great on the road though and in fairness, is bloody quick too, but I can just see it being a money pit and things going wrong very quickly and very expensively if I drive it on track too much....hence the Clio Rs 200 cup which I ordered. 3 year warranty is fantastic for peace of mind, cheap road tax and insurance and I guarantee u it will run rings round the subaru on a track, except for in straight lines. I do like the scooby, but it's just not good on a track and my missus keeps gettin chatted up by 18 yr old Asian bad boys when she is in it.............. :)

DADOH

Post by DADOH » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:35 pm

Fair enough John, yep I am very "gentle" with mine and great as a family road car but I havn't tracked mine for the same reasons- heavy, rolly and generally a bit porky.

You still getting a new atom I hope.....

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Thu Oct 01, 2009 9:46 pm

[/quote]
3 year warranty is fantastic for peace of mind.
[/quote]

hell yeah! most cars come with 3 years warranty dont they?!

deepdurks

Post by deepdurks » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:33 pm

Finally,
        I have taken delivery of JH's 220, full of trepidation I set off from Bermondsey on a Friday Lunchtime, what a Journey to Gosport, 3 Hours!. Learnt a lot though,
crawling traffic in a atom is not fun!,
Buses are big,
the Underneath of lorries is dirty,
exhausts are at eye level,
people point and stare and bump into the car in front,
old men nod approvingly,
everyone wants to know how much it is?
Old fillings are not as well attached as they were!

But the joy of an empty dual carriageway, the wind in your hair, bumble bees in your beard, ringing in your ears for hours afterwards, FAN'KINTASTIC!!!!!!!!
I AM ABSOLUTELY HOOKED! ;D ;D ;D ;D ;D
3.5 300, MX5 and 16,000 tons of nuclear deterrent

Driver

Post by Driver » Sat Oct 03, 2009 7:49 pm

:tu: 'durks

sportyking

Post by sportyking » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:13 am

Hi Mark, I am the "Skimmer" that Bruce previously mentioned.  Glad to have a sludgemariner onboard.  You will be also be pleased to hear that I fitted the new Radiator in your Atom and bled the system afterwards.  Yet again you guys need us up top ;D .  Oh yeah, I'm not a clanky either!  I haven't bumped into any others from the Senior Service but I've only had my Atom for 3.5 years and you can see what a quiet bunch they are on this forum  ;) .  I often have mine in Pompey Dockyard when movements allow but as Bruce has said it feels like I've been stuck out here forever with two almost back to back deployments. 
I see you have started the rivalry with hints of your "danger money", or is it compensation for sitting in a festering metal tube for 3-6 months with 150 other blokes farting and going round the world, but never seeing any of it ;D  Seriously mate, I deeply respect what you guys do and you deserve every penny.  it's not for me, I will settle for sipping Mojitos on a beach in Puerto Rico, or getting my bike out from the Hangar and going for a cycle ride any day :pop:  I have three guys in our grot, all defectors from boats.  One of them knows you very well and was relatively recently chatting to you on a different Continent.  He says to ask what you are doing this Christmas?  Are you taking your pressies with you?
We will have to get together for a tin after Christmas.  We are back just before Chrimbo (but after Atomclub bash that JH should have told you about), though I need to get the Atom back through HATs and SATs as it has been loafing on me for half a year.
No doubt we will talk further, I have heard I will never get the last word in, what a challenge
Nice giveaway handle by the way :tu:

sportyking

Post by sportyking » Sun Oct 04, 2009 2:20 am

Mark, Just in case you have trouble sussing who the informer is in this ever shrinking RN, think Grocers!

deepdurks

Post by deepdurks » Sun Oct 04, 2009 6:24 pm

Sportyskimmerking, Radiator still works well, thank you, scratching my head about grocers, so many have feared exposure as frauds and legged it to the grey funnel line, the list in fact is long and glorious. I myself was tempted, especially with no drop in bullion deliveries, swanning about shootin' tiny little boats, then tying up for a couple of weeks for sun sea and 'no touching' rule, can't see the attraction any more.
give me the smelly deep any time.
I went to loomies in west meon today, local police very interested in the Atom, "Have fun" they said as they rode off with a need in their eyes!!!!!
Waved at one of them hiding behind a bush whilst doing 30! Ha Ha
Keep in touch, regards Mark
p.s. which skimmer you on?

sportyking

Post by sportyking » Mon Oct 05, 2009 2:03 am

I love the A32 on a bike, back in the early 80s it was knowing that was my last 25 miles to Collingrad that kept me alive on the other 200 in the freezing winter.
We are on the one that was in all the papers very recently, but "Mr Parkes" said you would know that.  He also said you were close to defecting, but as an engineer the price you pay for that job is way to high imo. 
You guys are allowed to touch  ;D I'm not saying anything about the mixed up puppies on here, being a public forum ;)

deepdurks

Post by deepdurks » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:05 pm

Just returned from an overnighter in Crewe, 450 mile round trip mostly in the rain! I don't know what all the fuss is about, providing you dress for the occasion and enjoy your own singing voice or mutterings which ever, then the fixed grin remains.
The Northern arm of the family love the Atom especially the 16 year old nephew picked up from posh school!
I am loving my Atom no matter what!

p.s. regards to Gaz on the Ferrous Duck, ask him how his 'rithmatic is nowadays?

Richard Marler
Administrator

Post by Richard Marler » Tue Oct 06, 2009 3:47 pm

This is all creating the slightly worrying image that the British Navy employs about 7 people. On the up side, most of the British Navy own Atoms.
Atom 3 300. Surrey, England.

Rob McPherson

Post by Rob McPherson » Tue Oct 06, 2009 5:42 pm

I can only understand half of what they're talking about....!!  ;D

Hedge

Post by Hedge » Tue Oct 06, 2009 10:07 pm

That's a hell of a lot more than me.... ;D