New Member - Scotland

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
_f_dunn

New Member - Scotland

Post by _f_dunn » Mon Apr 10, 2023 6:37 pm

Hi All,

New member incoming from Scotland. In the final stages of selecting my spec for an Atom 4 - hopefully get it in time for some sunny days - been planning a nice trip back via wales from the factory so fingers crossed!

Been having a good trawl though the forum so managed to get a load of my questions or deliberations answered already!

Any general tips for driving back from the factory are welcome - anything that’s essential for the road back

Cheers

robfitz

Re: New Member - Scotland

Post by robfitz » Mon Apr 10, 2023 7:33 pm

Hello

Appropriate clothing! You’ll want gloves as even in summer if you’re out in the evening you’ll feel it.
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Tue Apr 11, 2023 6:51 pm

I would add to the previous post ' fully waterproof' suitable clothing.

FYI -The 'Mountain Warehouse' offers some reasonably priced warm/waterproof ski-wear and gloves

If you are speccing a windscreen - polycarbonate glasses

- if not - a properly fitted good quality helmet.

When driving without a windscreen and without a helmet RAIN HURTS!!

Bluetooth noise reducing earbuds or preferably (to my mind) a built-in intercom/phone 'hands-free' system - to listen to whatever 'floats your boat' - making sure that your phone stays dry.

FWIW - Without some method of mitigating the waste-gate/engine noises of an Atom 4 (or, for that matter, any of the other supercharged Atom variants) it can get very tiring driving long distances!

WITHOUT a passenger - good quality waterproof bag for your clothes that will fit in the passenger footwell

WITH a passenger a couple of www.overboard.com waterproof Kayak bags that you can strap to the outside of the frame on both sides
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

_f_dunn

Post by _f_dunn » Sun May 07, 2023 4:40 pm

Many thanks [mention]robfitz[/mention] and [mention]autobackup[/mention]. Gloves and helmet are next on the shopping list.

I’m planning on taking my time and spending a few days travelling back uk the road - weather permitting so will have plenty of wet weather / camping gear with me. Hopefully a night in north wales then somewhere in the cairngorms.

Spec list below:

Atom 4 - 320 BHP
Standard 6 Speed Manual Transmission Inc. Limited Slip Differential Manual Gearbox Uprated Gear Shift Cable Bushings Standard Exhaust System Including Road Silencer Adiustable Traction Control inc Launch Control
3 Stage Variable Turbo Boost Controller
Standard Cooling Package
Standard Intercooler Package
Sports Brakes - 278mm & 253mm Drilled & Grooved Discs, Single Piston Calipers, Fast Road Pac Black Brake and Clutch Lines with Stainless Steel Fittings Standard Non-Adjustable Dampers With Dual Rate Single Spring Quick Release Steering Wheel
Black Wheel and Tyre Package - Avon ZZS
Locking Wheel Nut Set
Locking Fuel Cap
Machined Aluminium Wing Mirror Set
High-Level Brake Light
12v. Auxiliary feed with double USB socket
Reversing Camera System
Passenger + clutch footrest (Left Hand Drive cars have only the passenger footrest)
Emergency Towing Eye Kit Front
Satin Black Powder Coat Chassis
Standard GRP Seat - Textured Black - both sides
2" Seat Belt/Harness With Alloy Chest Adiusters - both sides
2" Seat Belt/Harness Pads - both sides
Standard Colour panels (Airbox & Bonnet) - Black
Red stickers on Airbox and Bonnet
Rear Fog Light/Reverse Light/Number Plate Tail Tidy
IVA Test - required for UK Registration