Hi everyone - non-Atom owner asking some questions :)

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Raj_UK

Re: Hi everyone - non-Atom owner asking some questions :)

Post by Raj_UK » Thu May 03, 2012 9:09 pm

time for another silly question ... when you buy the optional parts as new, do you get the standard stuff too or is it instead of ?

does anyone know what make the standard and uprated suspension and brakes are plz

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Thu May 03, 2012 9:40 pm

Instead of ..

Uprated Brakes are Alcon, Springs are Eibach, 10 way tool-less adjustable shock absorbers are Bilstein.

With the road kit you get all the road-legal bits - Horn, headlights, sidelights, fog light, reversing light, brake lights, indicators, mirrors, no plate light, basic 2" 4 point harnesses etc

The optional brake item is a high level brake light mounted on the rear tray for better visibility.
There's a further track option FIA High Intensity rain light also.
Last edited by John Scherrer on Thu May 03, 2012 9:49 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Raj_UK

Post by Raj_UK » Fri May 04, 2012 5:53 pm

is anyone running Ohlins DFV Road and Track on their Atom 3 ?

or anyone going for AP's instead of Alcons ?

do you know if it's possible to buy an Atom and spec no suspension and brakes or if I can supply my own ?

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Fri May 04, 2012 5:59 pm

All I would say is why on earth would you try and put other parts on when the factory has spent years developing these items ?? The suspension is tuned for the car.

T
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

Raj_UK

Post by Raj_UK » Fri May 04, 2012 6:02 pm

easy now chief ... I was only asking the questions

l33haw

Post by l33haw » Fri May 04, 2012 6:21 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]

The optional brake item is a high level brake light mounted on the rear tray for better visibility.

[/quote]

It also does a good job of stopping the tea tray flap about in the slip stream!

Trigger

Post by Trigger » Fri May 04, 2012 8:38 pm

Hehe  no aggression intended - just seemed an odd idea.

Keep asking tho !

T
Atom 4, Mclaren 720s, Audi Rs4, VW ID3.....

FlyingTrotter

Post by FlyingTrotter » Fri May 04, 2012 9:00 pm

Lots of the US guys have put their steeds together in different ways and there was a very fast car at Atom X that had Olins so I have little doubt it's all possible - that car had remote reservoirs and low and behold so now does the V8 - a good idea ? Perhaps

I have met a number of Atom owners at tracks who have invested signif sums tweaking their cars to improve this or that and there are also old school folk who love the factory way - you pays your money and takes your choice

In my experience the guys who want to tweak buy an older car and change it rather than buy a new one and waste money throwing it away but hey-ho go for it

benyeats

Post by benyeats » Fri May 04, 2012 9:06 pm

I think you should spec new adjustable suspension then sell me the shocks when you upgrade them

Raj_UK

Post by Raj_UK » Sun May 06, 2012 5:37 pm

hi everyone

next question ... depreciation ...

what's the rough % depreciation on an Atom for 6m, 1y, 18m, 2y, 30m and 3y

a few of you have been getting in contact re: selling their Atoms and I'm not sure what is an over enthusiastic owner and the actual market price

thanks in advance

Raj

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sun May 06, 2012 6:10 pm

Raj - Get yourself a drive in one and then you'll not ask questions about depreciation!  :)  :vroom:

I'm not sure there's an answer to it anyway. There are so many variables including the time of year etc ..
A couple of years ago depreciation was almost nil, but with the current economic climate and some owners finding themselves having to sell their cherished cars the worth is what people are prepared to pay.

It's often better to go for a high mileage car that's been driven and well-maintained than one with less miles and hasn't been looked after.

Most cars are known by the factory and/or the Owners' club, so it's best to check the provenance of a used car with the factory.

If you're going for a new one, then this is all a bit academic.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold