Trouble contacting Atom UK

Come here to say hello and get up to speed with how to make the most of the forum.
Leonardus

Trouble contacting Atom UK

Post by Leonardus » Wed Mar 28, 2012 9:22 am

Hi Forum members

I'm in the process if aquiring estimations and information on the Ariel Atom, I have tries to contact Ariel Atom as per the telpehone number from South Africa and its been unsuccesfull. I have the correct coutry dailing code and the local telcom operator tried the number without any success. I tried mailing Ariel Atom as well at the following address.

enquiries@arielmotor.co.uk

with the following results -

mta5.iomartmail.com rejected your message to the following e-mail addresses:

postmaster@arielmotor.co.uk (postmaster@arielmotor.co.uk)

mta5.iomartmail.com gave this error:
<postmaster@arielmotor.co.uk>... User unknown

A problem occurred during the delivery of this message to this e-mail address. Try sending this message again. If the problem continues, please contact your helpdesk.

Can anyone  please supply me with a functional e-mail address or get them to contact me on the following address

Leo@4cgroup.co.za

Thanks in Advance

jpswift

Re: Trouble contacting Atom UK

Post by jpswift » Wed Mar 28, 2012 12:47 pm

no he doesnt  ;D
ATOM 4
DEFENDER 90
CROSSTURISMO 4S
911  991.2
R1250GS

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Wed Mar 28, 2012 10:38 pm

I spotted that on the factory site, under their Contact, Dealers section, they show a world map with worldwide dealers and their location.

There is one shown for South Africa, but it just quotes an email address 'lejoubert@global ...' which seems to belong to a vineyard!?

There's no mention of a South African dealership on the Worldwide section of atomclub.com ?
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Leonardus

Post by Leonardus » Sat Mar 31, 2012 11:59 am

So I mailed Tom and this is the reply

Delivery is delayed to these recipients or groups:

Tom@arielmotors.co.uk (Tom@arielmotors.co.uk)

Subject: Ariel Atom

This message hasn't been delivered yet. Delivery will continue to be attempted.

The server will keep trying to deliver this message for the next 1 days, 19 hours and 50 minutes. You'll be notified if the message can't be delivered by that time.

With the following message : maybe someone from the forum can help me out

Hi Tom

Hopefully you can help me. The Ariel Atom III sells in the US for approximately $50,000.00 and in the UK for around the same amount in pounds. In South Africa due to import taxes etc the same car goes for more than double the price. A second hand Ariel Atom selling in South Africa (2009 Model, Ariel Atom II with 245BHP) sells for R 900,000.00 which equates to approximately $ 112,000.00 and to 70,643.00 Pounds. (Madness)

Here's the add

http://perhaps.co.za/a/show/ariel-atom-for-sale/104639

The New Ariel Atom after import duties will cost me $ 150,000.00 which is madness.

I've approched my finance institution and they are not even prepared to finance the second hand one available in South Africa due to the car not being on their list of vehicle manufacturers and as the Dollar/Pound value of the car way exceeds the Rand value. They basically told me that's its a risk. They have confirmed that they will finance a KTM-X Bow for me. (Which is a dissapointing second choice to me. Never been a KTM Fan... I'm a BABA Steward Fan and ride Yamaha's)

That leaves me with two options:

Forget about the idea of ever owning a Ariel Atom (Which I've hoped to become since the first time I saw it on Top Gear)  or bring it into South africa in parts over a period of time. It would become a project build car and due to the fact that I'm bringing in parts the 70% import duties do not apply.

I need to take courier fees into consideration as well but I think this would be achievable over a period of 2-3 years.

Thank You

Leo 

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Sat Mar 31, 2012 1:15 pm

Hi Leo,

You have a spelling error in the email address !
You have used tom@arielmotors.co.uk !

The correct address is tom@arielmotor.co.uk        (as per Hedge's advice)

(Tom will see this forum anyway ...)

I'm not sure what it is you are asking - It doesn't sound practical to attempt to import an Atom in parts.

The base price for an Atom 3 - 245 (no additional options) is £25,500 or £30,600 including UK VAT tax.
£50K gets you a very highly specced Atom !
Last edited by John Scherrer on Mon Apr 02, 2012 9:35 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Apr 02, 2012 3:57 pm

You might try this (but end up with the same problem...)

http://open.spotify.com/track/1w0xQEP8f6mfvdQlHiMikA
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London