My Atom 245 (mark 2, UK) is for sale - SOLD

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
ross

My Atom 245 (mark 2, UK) is for sale - SOLD

Post by ross » Sun Aug 26, 2007 8:41 am

My beautiful Honda engined Atom 245 is now up for sale.  As others will tell you, I've always been slightly anal about looking after my Atom so it's in excellent condition and has been lovingly serviced by me meaning regular oil changes, plenty of lube to the joints and regular torque checks etc.

I'm not desperate to sell, but I'm just not finding the time to make use of it enough.  I'll more than likely have a break and order another in a year.

It's done 5384 miles (almost all dry), first registered 1st May 2005, SVA was on 27th April 05.  Taxed until end October '07.

Easily upgradable to a 300 at the factory if that's what you're after.

The spec:

245 Honda engine with baffled sump, limited slip diff and 6 speed gearbox.

Silver frame, Red panels, Road pack.

Motrax Mirallys wing mirrors, Seat anti-slip coating, Aluminium gear knob and handbrake grip, LED lights with clear lenses, Locking fuel cap, Quick release steering wheel, Polished stainless exhaust system with bypass (original CAT included), stainless fixing bolts for the panels (these are the main ones that corrode so I replaced them with stainless myself).

Bilstein aluminium adjustable bounce and rebound dampers with two piece springs, competition rod-ends.

Alcon brakes front, Competition brakes rear (new EBC pads fitted about 200 miles ago), Remote brake balance adjuster.

16" rear wheels (15" front), almost new Toyo R888 track tyres.  3 part used Avon ZZR spares - 2 front, 1 rear included (fine for cold/wet road driving).

As you'll see from the pics below, there is some minor cosmetic damage to the nose cone where I bumped a tyre wall about 18 months ago (very low speed).  A complete new nose from Ariel was £510 plus VAT last time I checked.  Alternatively, it would be an easy fix for a fibreglass repair shop - personally, I'd just leave it as is as it doesn't affect the car at all and is barely noticeable.

Based on the last price list I had from Ariel at the end of 2006, my car's spec would cost just over £33k. I'd like to get £31k for it, but would be happy to knock the cost of a new nose cone off that price.

PM, email (ross@zensoftware.co.uk) or call me (07712 834141) if you're interested.  This car is based in Cheshire.

Cheers, Ross.

Last edited by ross on Wed Oct 24, 2007 12:31 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Bruce Fielding

Re: My Atom 245 (mark 2, UK) is for sale

Post by Bruce Fielding » Sun Aug 26, 2007 9:18 am

Wow, Ross! You can give Bolus a run for his money!

I know the car and can absolutely confirm what Ross says. He's looked after it amazingly.

Incidentally, I recently did that checking how much your car would cost now thing (for a magazine article) and worked out that if I replaced everything I have it would cost £37.5k (and that's excluding the trailer)! Blimey!
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

bm97ppc

Post by bm97ppc » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:23 am

If i didn't know better i'd say the miles where done on axle stands in a clean room, there's not a blemish on it.

Piers

Bruce Fielding

Post by Bruce Fielding » Mon Aug 27, 2007 10:45 am

[quote="Piers Chandler"]
If i didn't know better i'd say the miles where done on axle stands in a clean room, there's not a blemish on it.

Piers
[/quote]

well, apart form  the nose - I remember that one.
Ariel Atom Owners Club founder, based in Central London

ross

Post by ross » Fri Aug 31, 2007 6:28 pm

Thanks for adding the ad to the www.atomclub.com site Piers - much appreciated.

Cheers, Ross.
Last edited by ross on Wed Sep 05, 2007 2:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.

ross

Post by ross » Tue Sep 11, 2007 8:56 am

Anyone know a Phillip Squires?  Or his correct email address?

He's emailed me using his blueyonder.co.uk address but my reply bounced.  Phill if you read this, please get in touch again with your correct email address.

Cheers, Ross.

Alec

Post by Alec » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:47 pm

Is the Remote Brake Balance Adjuster an after market one you've fitted yourself, as I can't see a knob because there isn't one in the normal place on the dash?

I'm asking because I don't have one fitted to mine and was considering doing it myself.
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

ross

Post by ross » Wed Sep 12, 2007 4:55 pm

Yep, these were taken just before I fitted mine.  An easy but fiddly job.

Cheers, Ross.

Alec

Post by Alec » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:28 pm

Not sold yet?
Atom 245, (Atom 160 - SOLD), Yamaha XVZ1300 Royal Star, Ford Sierra 4X4 Ghia Estate, Skoda Octavia vRS Estate, VW Golf 2.0 TSI GTI (Nadine's)

ross

Post by ross » Mon Sep 17, 2007 6:38 pm

A few potentials still considering things.  I suspect that the end of a crap summer probably isn't the greatest time to sell really, but I'm not too worried. If necessary, it can wait until spring.

Cheers. Ross.

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:07 am

i have seen a few people on the Who's Online, qouting

'Printing topic, Re: My Atom 245 (mark 2, UK) is for sale'

John Lloyd

Post by John Lloyd » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:30 am

[quote="Dext37 Joachim-Stuck"]
i have seen a few people on the Who's Online, qouting

'Printing topic, Re: My Atom 245 (mark 2, UK) is for sale'
[/quote]

Dext, what does that mean??

Is Who's on line a website?  Exactly how many are "Printing topic"?

DFext37 Fielding

Post by DFext37 Fielding » Sat Sep 22, 2007 12:34 am

4 people over the last couple of days, so people are interested in Ross's fine example, and that is what people were asking Ross a day or 2 ago.

[quote="Ross McWilliam"]
A few potentials still considering things.  I suspect that the end of a crap summer probably isn't the greatest time to sell really, but I'm not too worried. If necessary, it can wait until spring.

Cheers. Ross.
[/quote]

ross

Post by ross » Tue Oct 09, 2007 11:32 am

Well, subject to receipt of the final balance, my car is now sold to forum member 'Hedge' - congratulations Hedge!

Time for to start spec'ing a new one for 2009 I reckon.

Alec

Post by Alec » Tue Oct 09, 2007 12:41 pm

Congratulations on the sale, I think.  :-\

It's a pity I didn't get over to go for a hoon with you seeing as you're not that far away. Maybe we can do it when you have your new one.