2020 Atom 4 for Sale

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
travelbug63

2020 Atom 4 for Sale

Post by travelbug63 » Sun Oct 09, 2022 2:07 pm

I've decided to sell my Atom 4, I just don't get the opportunity to use it (I've done 200 miles in the last year) and thought I'd put it on sale here first. The details are as follows :
Registered 1/3/20 1 owner (me)
Atom 4 yellow body panels, Gloss Black Chassis. 1,750 miles.
Serviced twice at Ariel - 665 miles 3/7/20 and 1552 miles 14/10/21
Options fitted :
Limited Slip Differential
Adjustable Traction Control inc Launch Control
3 Stage Variable Turbo Boost Controller
Baffled Sump
AP Racing 4 Pot Calliper/290mm Discs front and Rear with Handbrake
Cockpit Adjustable Remote Brake Bias
Bilstein Single Adjustable Dampers with 2 piece springs-Road/Track
2" Harness with Alloy Chest Adjusters (Both Sides)
2" Seat Belt/Harness Pads (Both Sides)
Stainless Steel Fixings
Machined Aluminium Wing Mirror Set
Aero Screen
12v Aux feed
Passenger + clutch footrest

£ 59,750

PM me or call me on 07775 626355 Car is in Devon
Atom 4, Jaguar I Pace, Honda cr-v (dog carrier), Mini JCW (wife's)

FrankRizzo

Re: 2020 Atom 4 for Sale

Post by FrankRizzo » Sun Oct 09, 2022 6:21 pm

(Meanwhile in the US, that car would sell for $100k. Yeah, I'm a bit angry).

anx10us

Post by anx10us » Sun Oct 09, 2022 7:57 pm

Import it, the exchange rate is in you favour, a bit of welding and you can swap to left hand drive ...

FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo » Sun Oct 09, 2022 8:12 pm

That's the EASY part. Getting it REGISTERED with the stasi would be the thing that stops me from considering it.

(Owned an AA2 in Oregon. Got it registered. Got plates. A year later I got a letter "This appears to be an Ariel Atom. Ariel Atoms aren't street legal in the state of Oregon, please return your plates." And there's the story of the person at the Washington state DMV who used Google Image search to find Atoms with Washington plates, and cancel THEIR registrations as well.)

Believe me, if I could figure out a way to get imported Atoms registered, there'd be none for sale here ever. They tend to sell quickly in the US, and even with the NORMAL exchange rate, the prices you guys ask would still be good deals here. (Even when considering shipping).

Have considered the Montana loophole, but I don't know how they'd react to a UK title. Might have to get a "Manufacturer's Certificate of Origination" (or whatever it's called), to make it look NEW in order for them to consider it. Then, Ariel North America would call up Ariel UK and tell them to stop issuing them, as it's killing their market, and that'd be that.

autobackup

Post by autobackup » Mon Oct 10, 2022 1:46 am

Frank

It's called a 'Certificate of conformity' but these are generally only issued by major car manufacturers.

- in the UK Ariel put every car they priduce through an 'IVA' (Individual Certificate of Authorisation' and so are unable (as far as I'm aware) to provide a 'COC'

Everything conspires against the owner in so many countries - bureaucracy rules and innovation is stifled!!
Atom 3.5R (Cyprus)
Honda CRV 2.2 Ex Auto i-DTEC (Cyprus)
Suzuki Celerio 1.0 SZ4 (Cyprus)
Honda CRV Ex I-MMD eCVT Hybrid (UK)

FrankRizzo

Post by FrankRizzo » Mon Oct 10, 2022 4:30 am

So, to the seller I'm sorry for hijacking your thread, and I would LOVE to own your car, and have the cash to buy it, if only I could get it into the US, and registered.

But, question: When you buy a new Atom in the UK. What kind of paperwork do you get with it from Ariel themselves?

travelbug63

Post by travelbug63 » Mon Oct 10, 2022 8:42 am

No apology needed Frank.

Other than the handbook and receipt I'm not aware you get any extra paperwork. You get the standard V5 (logbook in the UK) sent through from the authorities.
Atom 4, Jaguar I Pace, Honda cr-v (dog carrier), Mini JCW (wife's)