Another 4 up for auction

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
Anon

Re: Another 4 up for auction

Post by Anon » Wed Aug 19, 2020 5:00 pm

Ariel do sell slicks but not sure which ones. Email the service department and ask.

I know in the US they use slicks a lot, they tend to use the Hoosier A7 tyre: https://www.tirerack.com/tires/tires.js ... reModel=A7

Steve @ Ariel said to me I am better off with AO52's for both track and road. Then get a set of wets. Otherwise you need 3 sets, street tyres, slicks and wets. I am still undecided what to do as well.

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Thu Aug 20, 2020 6:41 pm

lancecrobinson wrote: Mon Aug 17, 2020 6:05 pm Yes, it is indeed the very same yellow car that sold from PH about a month ago... and it now looks like it has sold again (listed as deposit taken). I viewed it myself and very nearly bought it. I actually ended up buying the green one from Collecting Cars 2 weeks ago! It's great.
Hi Lance. Is there any chance of messaging me about this car?? I’m the one who is about to buy it (without seeing it!! Nervous.....) so would love to hear your comments on it. Thanks. Chris.
Atom 4, Caterham, Range Rover Sport SVR

Alistairbuchanan

Post by Alistairbuchanan » Fri Aug 21, 2020 7:34 pm

Alistairbuchanan wrote:https://collectingcars.com/for-sale/2019-ariel-atom-4-1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Sold for 50k....over £3k loss for original purchaser but buyer pays list price due to 6% buyers tax.

phil4

Post by phil4 » Fri Aug 21, 2020 8:06 pm

Could just be bad timing, colour or spec, or could be mood and market softening.

On the plus side, if you don’t need to sell quickly, you don’t need to make a loss.

lancecrobinson

Post by lancecrobinson » Tue Aug 25, 2020 7:24 pm

The buyer hit it with £50 K from the start and there was only the one bid. It was probably a sound tactic although I expect he is wondering whether £48 K might have secured it... "Oh come on, what's another £500" quickly racks up to being a higher price than the top bid that we set for ourselves before auction fever takes over.

Anon

Post by Anon » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:06 pm

Just a bit strange there was only 1 bid. All the other 4's that gone before it had quite a few bids on them.

robfitz

Post by robfitz » Tue Aug 25, 2020 9:59 pm

Spec on this was quite odd though wasn’t it? Money spent on polishing the exhaust and the uprated intercooler/radiator rather than the more obvious stuff. Also a bit of a marmite colour scheme.
GR Yaris CP for when it rains, Atom 4 for when it doesn’t.

ChrisL

Post by ChrisL » Sun Sep 13, 2020 8:48 pm

Hi Guys. Just to let you know that i bought the yellow Atom 4 that you mentioned was advertised on PH. Lance had viewed it and was very helpful. It’s a beautiful car & in lovely condition. I’ve had a problem with a burnt out ignition coil and the car is back at Crewkerne as we speak, but should be sorted and back with me in a few days. Hoping to get involved in club activities & meet other owners ASAP. Cheers!
Atom 4, Caterham, Range Rover Sport SVR