2013 Atom 3 - K24, Left Hand Drive (UK Registered)

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
Alain

2013 Atom 3 - K24, Left Hand Drive (UK Registered)

Post by Alain » Tue Sep 12, 2017 8:59 am

2013 Ariel Atom 3
Originally built by TMI in the US
Mileage: 1350 (as of 01/09/2017)

General Spec:
- Left Hand Drive
- Black frame / red panels
- N/A Honda K24Z7 (235bhp) engine
- 6 speed manual transmission
- Limited Slip Diff
- Wilwood Dynalite ‘Track’ spec brakes (front and rear)
- Carbon front and rear light pod covers
- Sabelt 2’’ Harnesses with new pads
- 6 point welded roll hoop
- Stainless steel exhaust
- Aluminium Radiator (spec’d as for use in hot climates)

New parts / upgrades in July 2017 (done by the factory)
- Alcon handbrake kit
- New air filter
- 4 year service (all fluids changed and whole car checked)
- New OSF wheel bearing
- New brake master cylinders and hoses
- New coolant hose (expansion tank to engine)
- Latest UK ECU mapping (Hondata)
- 3.5 Steering upgrade
- 4 wheel alignment
- 16’’ rear wheel upgrade (2 new wheels, mudguards and stays)
- 4 new Yokohama A048 tyres (now done around 500 miles)

I also added a custom 3 phase shift light, and some padding to the seat backs.

Earlier this year I bought this as an Atom that was not yet UK road registered (in fact it was never registered anywhere for road use) and have just  completed going through the motions to make it fully road legal. In fact, I'm just waiting for the first V5C to actually arrive from the DVLA.

I now (with huge disappointment) need to sell it to help fund works on our house, ideally this side of Christmas, but would hold out until next year if needed  ;D

The car has an interesting history, as it was originally used by Williams F1's Advanced Engineering department for a project commissioned by Nissan.

The project involved buying two Atoms, using one as a nigh-on factory spec reference car and one as a development mule / PoC for the Nissan Bladeglider narrow front track configuration. This was with was the reference (un-modified) car. I say unmodified, however both cars has a fairly substantial roll cage welded to the original chassis. Presumably as the narrow-track car may have needed it, and the reference car needed one to make the comparison fair.

http://www.popularmechanics.com/cars/a9769/exclusive-sort-of-driving-the-nissan-bladeglider-concept-16178124/

I have since removed the front section of the 'cage, leaving only the rear roll-hoop.

The car went through the UK IVA test on the 10th of July 2017 in order be eligible for road registration. In case you are not familiar with an IVA, it’s essentially a very, very thorough MOT. It passed the IVA first time, with no concerns.

I also had to put the car through an MOT separately to satisfy the DVLA, which on the 25th of July. It also passed that with no advisories, as you might expect.

Prior to the IVA, the guys at Ariel went over the car top to bottom to ensure everything was in tip top shape. Aside from the above, they re-routed a few cables, wiring and brought everything up to current spec where required.

I'll get some better pictures over the coming days but there are a couple attached for now.

Admittedly, this isn't a straight forward spec car, but that fact it's LHD and UK Registered might make it a great option for someone on the continent. I can arrange transporting the car to anywhere, at cost.

Price: £34,500 (sensible offers considered).
Attachments
2017-07-19 16.56.47 copy.jpg

Amaira2008

Re: 2013 Atom 3 - K24, Left Hand Drive (UK Registered)

Post by Amaira2008 » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:31 pm

Is this car still for sale ?

Alain

Re: 2013 Atom 3 - K24, Left Hand Drive (UK Registered)

Post by Alain » Wed Feb 28, 2018 2:40 pm

Hello,

Yes, it's still for sale at the moment (although there is an interested party).

Please do let me know if you have any questions.

:)