Atom 3.5 245 for sale

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
MrLizard

Atom 3.5 245 for sale

Post by MrLizard » Fri Sep 11, 2015 2:49 pm

With a heavy heart that I am selling my atom, I am in the process of moving house and as this is a fourth car it has to go, though I have got written agreement from the Mrs that in another year or so I will be ordering another one with in an obnoxious colour combination!

Advert on pistonheads http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ariel/atom/ariel-atom-3-5-2015/4673280

Open to sensible offers.

Ta
Steve

MrLizard

Re: Atom 3.5 245 for sale

Post by MrLizard » Thu Sep 17, 2015 10:57 am

Could someone give me some feedback on the ad? not sure if i have priced correctly? or worded very well

phil4

Post by phil4 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:51 pm

Some fullstops and a few more words in the opening would help:
Ariel Atom 3.5 245bhp, with last iteration of K20Z engine.  The Car is on a 64 plate and was built in January 2015.
It drives flawlessly and is really only just run in - I'm selling due to moving house.

Ariel FSH, and has never been tracked, and is stored in a heated garage.
On the options
* I'd change "Removable Alcantara steering wheel" for "Quick release Alcantara steering wheel".
* If the Satnav is tom tom, say so:  Removable TomTom Rider SatNav.
* Remove the bullet screen windshield.... it's all a bit confusing as described, and easily visible in the pics.
* Move the driver and passenger footrest up above outdoor car cover.

On the specs:
It doesn't have 2 doors
I'd put 0-62 as 2.8 seconds

And previous owners... if you've had it from new, should be 0.

I'd suggest polishing and anti-bluing the exhaust and replacing the picture you have of it.  Other than that, the pics look fine.

Price is too high IMHO. If it's as specified there, it'd only have been around 38K new, so surely asking 10% extra is a bit much.

If it's better spec'd than there (ie. 16" wheels, towing eyes, battery cut-offs, fire extinguishers, etc), thus justifying the price, I'd start listing the items if I were you.

All of this of course is just my opinion.  I'm not a car sales person, so really is just opinion, not even experience.
Last edited by phil4 on Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:53 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrLizard

Post by MrLizard » Thu Sep 17, 2015 12:56 pm

phil4 wrote: Some fullstops and a few more words in the opening would help:
Ariel Atom 3.5 245bhp, with last iteration of K20Z engine.  The Car is on a 64 plate and was built in January 2015.
It drives flawlessly and is really only just run in - I'm selling due to moving house.

Ariel FSH, and has never been tracked, and is stored in a heated garage.
On the options
* I'd change "Removable Alcantara steering wheel" for "Quick release Alcantara steering wheel".
* If the Satnav is tom tom, say so:  Removable TomTom Rider SatNav.
* Remove the bullet screen windshield.... it's all a bit confusing as described, and easily visible in the pics.
* Move the driver and passenger footrest up above outdoor car cover.

On the specs:
It doesn't have 2 doors
I'd put 0-62 as 2.8 seconds

And previous owners... if you've had it from new, should be 0.

I'd suggest polishing and anti-bluing the exhaust and replacing the picture you have of it.  Other than that, the pics look fine.

Price is too high IMHO. If it's as specified there, it'd only have been around 38K new, so surely asking 10% extra is a bit much.

If it's better spec'd than there (ie. 16" wheels, towing eyes, battery cut-offs, fire extinguishers, etc), thus justifying the price, I'd start listing the items if I were you.

All of this of course is just my opinion.  I'm not a car sales person, so really is just opinion, not even experience.
thanks very much phil, i had no idea on the price really just looking at some others out there and taking a guess. i will amend as you have suggested :)

MrLizard

Post by MrLizard » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:21 pm

i will sort the exhaust out, any recommendations?

just went and drove it -  :vroom: having second thoughts now but swmbo is going to kill me

phil4

Post by phil4 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:52 pm

[quote="MrLizard"]
[/quote]

Yeah, this stuff is brilliant:

https://www.louis-moto.co.uk/artikel/autosol-anti-blue-content-125-ml/10004423

Sold by lots of other retailers, still requires elbow grease, but does help greatly.

MrLizard

Post by MrLizard » Thu Sep 17, 2015 1:55 pm

[quote="phil4"]
[quote="MrLizard"]
[/quote]

Yeah, this stuff is brilliant:

https://www.louis-moto.co.uk/artikel/autosol-anti-blue-content-125-ml/10004423

Sold by lots of other retailers, still requires elbow grease, but does help greatly.
[/quote]

shall order tonight thanks :)

phil4

Post by phil4 » Thu Sep 17, 2015 6:20 pm

Entirely your choice, but if it were me, I'd price it starting with a 3.... Just one of those simple psychological pricing tricks.  I mean if you'd been asking 42K as before, no way... but since you're now asking 40K, why not go for 39 or 39.5K and make it more attractive?

John Scherrer
Global Moderator

Post by John Scherrer » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:47 pm

It's a 245 - It won't do 0-62 in 2.8 seconds ..
Atom 3 310 Supercharged (2011), Now Sold

MrLizard

Post by MrLizard » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:55 pm

[quote="John Scherrer"]
[/quote]

Was listed as 3.0 (As I managed to record 3.08)

MrLizard

Post by MrLizard » Thu Sep 17, 2015 9:57 pm

[quote="MrLizard"]
[quote="John Scherrer"]
[/quote]

Was listed as 3.0 (As I managed to record 3.08)
[/quote]

Can we clean this thread up now please? Thanks for the help.