Wanted atom 2 160

Here you can find all things Ariel related that our members have posted for sale. In order to post an item for sale you must be a full Club Member. Registered Forum users who are not full members can comment on items for sale and Guest users can browse and search the items only.
Rocket Man

Re: Wanted atom 2 160

Post by Rocket Man » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:22 pm

The factory would not tell me how many 160s were made but nice on the road for sure. The 220 looks a good buy but I would still hang on for a 160. We can go have a look at the 220 if you want. As soon as the weather picks up more will come up for sale perhaps then you may drop on a 160. That type S honda engine is a dream up to you linus have a think and let me know
Keith

mapes

Post by mapes » Tue Feb 24, 2015 4:58 pm

I've got a 160 and was told by Ariel that there are only about 25 in the country..
Atom 2 160

meladdo

Post by meladdo » Tue Feb 24, 2015 5:07 pm

[quote="Rocket Man"]
The factory would not tell me how many 160s were made but nice on the road for sure. The 220 looks a good buy but I would still hang on for a 160. We can go have a look at the 220 if you want. As soon as the weather picks up more will come up for sale perhaps then you may drop on a 160. That type S honda engine is a dream up to you linus have a think and let me know
Keith
[/quote]

Should have kept yours mate - it was a nice example and mint!

Happy New Year BTW..........

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Wed Feb 25, 2015 6:16 am

happy new year to you Will.

shame Linus could not have had my 160, it would have been ideal for him. i am sure if he waits a short time some one will want to sell on or just to upgraid to a faster car

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:55 am

This came up only this morning and looks like it's been cared for and with a few options too.
rare as hens teeth

http://www.pistonheads.com/classifieds/used-cars/ariel/atom/ariel------2004/4041821
Last edited by AtomMadStew on Tue Apr 28, 2015 11:59 am, edited 1 time in total.

Linus86

Post by Linus86 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:35 pm

Cheers mate I'll look into it right now !

julian

Post by julian » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:04 pm

Linus,

I have owned that car and had it for a number of years. I bought it off a chap who had it from new, lived in Surrey. He had looked after it and it was spotless when I bought it.

I hardly used it on track and the miles I put on it were mainly done on European trips. Maintained when I had it by Ariel and anything they recommended needed doing was done. It was a really good car and never gave me any trouble at all.

I part exchanged it at Ariel buying a 245 from them.

It was an excellent car and got me hooked on the Atom.

If you buy it and want them I have a new set of panels with the index number on the bonnet. They are Ford Focus RS green. Brand new and painted by Ariel. The original colour of the car was black, I had a spare set made up.

Good luck

Regards

Julian

Linus86

Post by Linus86 » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:39 pm

Thanks Julian that would be great if I buy it ! Looking into it all now ! Excited !

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Tue Apr 28, 2015 1:54 pm

Glad to be of help.
I only stumbled on your thread yesterday About wanting a 160.
Sounds like you couldn't get a much better car from Julians
report.
hope you snap it up before someone else does.

Stew

julian

Post by julian » Tue Apr 28, 2015 2:58 pm

I can't comment on the last owner, hopefully Tom can fill in those gaps as he would of sold it to the current keeper?

Julian

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Tue Apr 28, 2015 4:32 pm

worth a look linus, i will come down with you if you want but dont tell nik. woth contacting tom to see what he says about the car. i think he should come down a bit on the price with such a high milage. there are not many 160s about and should hold a good price if you could get it for a good price.

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Sun May 17, 2015 6:04 pm

You didn't snap up the 160 then?
I see it's still for sale

Stew

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Sun May 17, 2015 6:17 pm

the 160 is for Linus, think he made an offer but i dont think it was enough. i think it was the higher milage that stoped him offering more

i am looking at perhaps ordering a new one when i have sold the Porsche. just a few projects to get sorted first. it has to be another Gulf Atom for me
Last edited by Rocket Man on Sun May 17, 2015 6:21 pm, edited 1 time in total.

AtomMadStew

Post by AtomMadStew » Sun May 17, 2015 6:30 pm

Sorry that last comment was aimed @ Linus.
decent car for a decent price is that - the mileage wouldn't bother me.
Stew

Rocket Man

Post by Rocket Man » Sun May 17, 2015 6:46 pm

i know there are not a lot of 160s out there but i think it needs to be a bit lower than is being asked. i only paid 20500 for my 160 and it was a minter from the factory with only 17000 on the clock. you also have to remember the 160 is not the peoples choice of the Atom to own, most want the "big boy " Atoms the 245 or 300s. the 160 engine is a cracker and so smothe with plenty of power for the road. shame they dont still make the 160 but there must have been little demand for it